Ratings for Dr. Karen S. Head

Dr. Head has been a great doctor for me the last 18 years. She has been great. I wish her the best in her new position at the VA. Thank you, Dr. Head

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I have only had a good experience with Dr Head. She is very encouraging in every aspect of my life. She is thorough and caring. She gives me challenges, but she never comes off as a drill sergeant. She has been nothing but supportive in my treatment. I think she is great! I am hoping to stick with her for as long as I can.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Best doctor ever! If she ever retires I'll be in a world of hurt, but I know she would set me up with another good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I must be seeing a different Dr. Head than most of the people on here. I have seen her for years and have never had a bad experience. She has always listened to me . She does encourage lifestyle changes (such as recommending exercise and diet), but has never been judgemental. She does not just hand out medication, she expects her patients to be active in their own treatment (be involved in therapy, exercise, try to eat better... all things that have been shown to help in the treatment process). Too many people just want meds, but won't do anything else to assist in their treatment. Meds are often necessary, but they are only one aspect of the treatment plan. She is also cautious when prescribing controlled substances.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I wasted lots of time and money. From the first visit, I was a little uncomfortable. After today's visit, I ended up leaving her office, crying hysterically. Very cold and inhumane.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

this woman should be in jail! the way she made me feel was mind blowing i have never been treated that way in my entire life!!!!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

This "human" is the worst person I've ever been in contact with. She is th rudest and judging person I've ever met. She asked me nothing of my symptoms in the 15 minutes she was barking her orders to me, that I was going to get a job, go to school, stop smoking, eat 2 fresh chicken a week, asked me my pregnancy history, drug and criminal, cared more about that then my mental symptoms cause as I said the winch didn't ask about them. She told me like a drill sa rgent of all these orders of hers I was to follow. Treated me like her trash and I left there balling my eyes out. I was trying to seek stable mental treatment and I left there feeling worse and like I am dirt she walks on. Ill need 2 therapist to recover from this psycho. I wish I would have read the reviews. She shouldn't be a dr or qualified as a human.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

This woman was rude, belittling, and unwilling to help me with my ADD. She would not even allow me to sit comfortably in the office chair. She told me to "act like an adult" and sit still. Refused to give me ANY medication bc I'm breastfeeding, even the ones that are commonly prescribed to breastfeeding women and are listed as acceptable on a database that rates breastfeeding compatibility. $50 copy wasted

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

As pretty much everyone else here, I wish I'd read these first. This woman should shot her self. I already have the worst anxiety and have problems with out going out of the house. I actually went to first visit there had such a bad panic attack I left. Actually made it back for second visit and after seeing her and then reading the reviews let's just say all she did was made me feel like a horrible person and I needed to get over everything and just change my diet...to see a psychiatrist not a dietitian also she just makes things worse and belittles you. I don't like to say this about many people but I can honestly say I hate this woman she caused my issues to be ten times worse and I feel very sorry for anyone that happens to be seen by her. they actually need to change the star rating for doctors over this one woman to where you can rate it a negative that is how horrible of a person she is she should not have a license to be a doctor

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I wish I had read these reviews before I went to see Dr. head. I had the same experience as most of these reviewers. I've been diagnoised with my condition for 15 years and recently moved to the area seeking a new doctor. She wanted me to retake expensive testing and then change the medication I had been on for 15 yrs. I didn't feel like she believed me or wanted to help me or in any way cared about what I was saying. when I was explaining my symptoms (which are non existent while on meds), she made it sound like they weren't real or serious. Basically I left her office feeling incredibly bad about myself and wanting to cry. No one should have to feel like that.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr. Karen S. Head's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)