Ratings for Dr. Andrew Sean Mcknight

I have been going to this doctor for 8 years and will be finding a new allergist. I was referred to Dr. McKnight by my kids pediatrician when my daughter was 3 or 4 years old. He seemed knowledgeable and understanding when it came to my daughter and he diagnosed her with Nut and Seafood allergy. She was tested annually but was still seeing him every 6 months for monitoring, all the while suggesting she receive the immunotherapy shots. There never seemed to be a problem getting an appointment and the staff was great. However after a year or so I noticed that the wait times seemed to be getting longer and the appointment times further out, but I still didn't let this bother me because after all he was able to properly diagnose my daughter and I was thankful. Also I felt that he was in high demand so this makes him a pretty good doctor. Throughout this time, he was really pushing immunotherapy shots and assured me more than once that they are covered by my insurance. After calling my insurance multiple times about the shots, I was told multiple times that they were not covered because they are not deemed a necessary treatment nor a proven treatment and is voluntary. I told Dr. Mcknight this and he was determined that the insurance will cover it and if not it would only be around $400 a treatment. Keep in mind that I would have to bring my young daughter to his office every week for a year. When asked how effective the shots are, he told me that I would know if it's working by 6 months but would have to continue the entire year whether it's working or not. That sounded ridiculous so she didn't do it. Now he has merged with a company, his practice is called Allergy Partners of NV and it's awful! Once he merged, the office got bigger and the wait times are the worst that I have ever experienced. I've seen the medical assistants sitting around at their computers in the back talking and the front desk receptionists have lack luster attitudes. It takes at least 2 hours, and I'm being generous, to be completely done with an appointment. Oh yeah and now the immunotherapy wait room in bigger too, so more money. My daughter, who is now 11, was having an allergic reaction to something unknown. She would breakout into hives when sweating and this was very sudden and had been going on for a month. I called to get her an appointment and was rudely told that there were none available and how I should wait for her appointment in Aug. when I called in March. After making a stink about how I can never get an appointment when she is an established patient, the nurse said she would speak to the doctor and see if they can squeeze her in. The nurse came back to the phone to tell me that he would not see her but she could see another doctor that was now in the office with him. I took that appointment thinking that something is better than nothing, well I was wrong! As I am waiting in the wait room, the receptionist answers a call, asks the person if they are new or established patient, then proceeds to tell them that she has an appointment available the next week and how they can fill out the paperwork online! I was appalled!!! That's when I realized that it's a patient factory now and healthcare is no longer valuable to these people. Not only was the new doctor no help at all, he acted as if it was a waste of his time. Do I blame him, no I don't. She wasn't his patient, he doesn't know her history and I am sure he's being worked to death. He gave me some lame possible diagnoses, didn't take blood or anything, and told me to follow up with Dr. Mcknight. Uh when.....in August? I was also told by the receptionist that since I brought her in that day that my August appointment would be cancelled because I would get all of her prescriptions that day. Oh yeah about the prescriptions......he loves to push prescriptions. Even when I told him that my daughter no longer uses any of them, because I don't like drugging my kids if they don't need them, he sends them to my pharmacy anyway. Before I experienced all of this, my friend told me she overheard Dr. Mcknight speaking to a drug rep right before entering her examination room. He asked the drug rep if he would get a kickback for prescribing this particular drug and was told yes. Dr. Mcknight immediately prescribed my friend this drug not caring that she was already taking a medication that would have an adverse reactions with this new drug. Her pharmacist caught it and told her the dire consequences had she taken them. Of course she never went back and I should have left than. My final straw happened this summer when they wouldn't give my daughter an appointment for her epi pen and fill out her school paperwork. I had to put up a fight for that too. I have never seen a doctor care so less for his established patients, only caring about new revenue. Wait times are long due to overbooking, drug reps and not patient care. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR AND HIS OFFICE!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Good doctor. Honestly cares. Over booked as he spends a lot of time with patients. Tries to make you feel better.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. McKnight is one of the worst allergy and asthma doctors that I have ever seen. His staff is rude, uncaring, and the wait time to see him is ridiculous. It took him years, quite literally, to offer us allergy testing for our daughter after we moved to Las Vegas from new York City. He has patients waiting for hours to be seen even though one is early or on time for their appointment. After my husband was laid-off from his job our secondary insurance was not contracted with Dr. McKnight. When we spoke to him regarding payment arrangements we were told it would be approximately $800 to be seen just to walk through the door. He was giving us the same medical care that our pediatrician offered us. I would Definitely NOT recommend Dr. McKnight to anyone.

Submitted August 4, 2014

I can't say enough good things about the entire office! I have been going there for years now for immunology treatments & asthma - I have never had a problem! I find them all to be very friendly & polite & do their best to stay on schedule. It is a very busy office, but once you are established, getting appointments is relatively painless! Another thing, which is rare in this area, all of the staff seems to really "try" their best to help you if you run into any issues with medication, etc. I would never change from this office!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

My son and my daughter had been seeing this smart and caring allergy specialist for several years.His staff is wonderful. He explains things and responds well with kids.I'm so thankful for his clinical expertise. My son is now in college in Iowa, and Dr McKnight;s office sees him when he gets home. His office orders the allergy serum, and ships it to my son's health clinic in his college. His office works well with out of state providers .

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

They are rude, keep you waiting, they are not helpful. There is a four month waiting list and they are not flexible at all. The nurse in the front office talks disrespectful to the kids and parents.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

Dr. McKnight is Superb! Our daughter has a complicated condition since birth that has stumped all of her doctors in the past (GI, ENT, allergist/immunologist; staff at Primary Children's Hospital.) She started seeing Dr. McKnight 9 months ago. He listened, took her history seriously, and we saw immediate improvements with his first treatment plan. He adjusts/monitors it at each appointment to better fit her needs. Before treatment she had severe vomiting, respiratory problems, constant sinusitis, moderate rashes, bowel problems, severe food restrictions, sleep problems due to all of the above. Now we can manage sinus and bowel problems, and have minimal food restrictions in comparison. He truly cares, and it is evident by his kindness and expertise. He takes the time needed to figure things out. He also knew where to refer us to solidify a diagnosis at a top-notch in-hospital day program, as her condition is complicated. We finally have hope thanks to him. Worth waiting list and money.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

I agree that Dr. McKnight's staff is slow to respond and acknowledge you when you arrive at the desk. They are rude and definitely not concerned about Customer Service. I’m 69 years old and missed an appointment scheduled six months earlier and received a bill for $50.00 for a “no show, no call”. All my other doctor’s office staff either call or email or sometimes send confirmation letters reminding me of an upcoming appointment. This staff does not do of these things and since I did not pay the bill I just received another bill from a collection agency. Sad, isn’t it?

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

I've been taking my daughter to Dr. McKnight for 2+ years after having a very negative experience with a different allergist in town. Dr. McKnight is highly knowledgable and will explain the issues in detail. He worked with us when our insurance wouldn't cover a pre-existing condition, which was a tremendous relief. You just don't find this kind of doctor very often anymore. He is kind, caring, and very professional. I know several people that go to him and all are extremely happy with him.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

All staff great, got in on a timely manner for my appointment. They explained things very well. Dr. McKnight very nice and explained everything to me and answered all my questions I had for him. My daughter sees him also and she thinks he is very nice!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010