Ratings for Dr. Curtis J. Hagenau

Very happy with Dr. Hagenau and his entire staff. He was very nice, thorough, patient with all my concerns, took time to explain additional tests I need to help determine what is causing my medical issues. My husband and I were impressed with how polite and helpful everyone was. I highly recommend Dr. Hagenau.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I found Dr. Hagenau extremely rude and dismissive. I’ve suffered from migraines and daily headaches for as long as I can remember and needed a neurologist in Nashville when I moved here. He was frustrated with my questions and basically said there was nothing he could do for me. He said I needed to read a book and the office proceeded to charge me for it although I knew I wouldn’t be going back to see him again. I left the office nearly in tears, completely defeated by his short, abrasive attitude which made my already frustrating condition feel even more hopeless. Unless you want to be treated like a complete moron, I would recommend finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

He is very arrogant and treats you in a condescending manner. Needs to learn some bedside manner skills.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Run from this practice. They are horrible and their billing practices are questionable. With so many choices in Nashville... Anyone would be an improvement to this practice.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I have seen Dr Hagenau for many years and have found him to be one of the best & most helpful Drs I have seen. I require some pretty complicated treatment and its good to have a Dr. who actually listens. I am grateful for his help. Regarding office appts....He's rarely made me wait for over a few minutes & I find his staff to be very professional.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

My experience with this doctor is a shaky one. He was initially referred to me by my internist. He will not give you an actual diagnosis. He just says that your symptoms are nothing to be alarmed about and that you are basically overreacting. When describing some of my health concerns, he has belittled my intellect and points out flaws in information I share. I do my own research online because I want to be an informed patient. He doesn't seem to appreciate that I am seeking answers and it can be extremely frustrating consulting with him. I brought my husband along on a visit recently and he commented that I was brining in "the reinforcements" which comes across as sexist. Overall, I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. You would be wasting your time & money. Besides, he has a very strict appointment cancellation policy of 48 hours. Anything less than a two day notice (down to the exact minute), and he bills you $25. My advice, find someone who truly listens and cares!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. Hagenua clearly is a bright and a skilled specialist. I received good care. But he is perpetually late for his appointments, and he somtimes treats patients in a condescending manner. He requests that all patients sign forms indicating they will be punctual and keep their appointments, but he himself too readily is tardy and calls to reschedule his patinents' appointments. He seems to be a solid doctor, who is challenged personally in his interactions with patients.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2012

Dr. Curtis J. Hagenau's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal