Ratings for Dr. Peter Spafford

My wife had her parotid gland removed. Dr Spafford was very knowledgeable and, despite a busy schedule, did an excellent job of explaining what to expect. Follow up care was excellent and he was available on short notice when minor unexpected complications occurred.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Great surgeon. Had a rhino and septoplasty and he did an amazing job helping me be able to breathe normal again, he also was very easy to contact during recovery over the phone for any needed questions

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Dr. Spafford took out my tonsils 2 weeks ago. He was so nice and easy to talk to, though it is obvious that he is always in a hurry. Nonetheless, he did a great job on my surgery and his punctuality was amazing. He checked on me 4 times in the hospital and made sure all of my questions were answered before I was discharged. My healing process has been great and I have had no bleeding. I would highly recommend him to anyone for surgery.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Take my advice, if your family doctor refers you to Dr. Spafford ask for another doctor. He has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen and zero personality. It's all about how many patients he can get through in a day. If they would allow him to set up a conveyor belt to get patients through even quicker I'm sure he would do it. Not a nice man !!! A bit full of himself.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Dr. Spafford is a LIAR! We have been seeing him since my son was under a year old. We have been going through his hoops to get his tonsils/adnoids out since he was 3. It's been almost 3 years and he is still refusing to do them because he doesn't want to do them at RUH and wants them done at his preference hospital St. Pauls. We've done the sleep study, we've done resp. therapist/doctors, we've done everything he's asked and tests came back stating it needs to be done as well as recommendations from other doctors it be done. He said we were on the waiting list but when I called he wasn't on the list at all. He also needs new tubes 3rd time and refuses to clean his ears unless the tubes get put back in. A year with tubes just sitting in the canal and the kid's hearing is decreasing daily and he doesn't care just keep coming in for office visits to line his money pockets. Every time we go in he says something different. I am definitely going to a new doctor!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Dr. Spafford did my tonsillectomy in Oct/15. The office visit was quick, but I got my questions and concerns answered. My surgery and recovery time was as expected. My son now needs a tonsillectomy and saw Dr. Spafford in consultation. Again, he was to the point but answered all questions. He was recommend by my family GP as his bleed rate is the lowest for tonsillectomy. That, for me, is enough to know he is a skilled surgeon and I would want the best working on me and my family.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Dr spafford knowd his stuff but I feel he is no longer caring for his patients! I have been taking my daughter to him since she was one and have been told by my family physician she def needs her tonsils out and he refuses! Just shrugged us off the last few visits, even though my daughter has been on 11 dosis of auntibiotics this year for tonsilitis! So we got a second opinion with Dr Showman, so glad we did! My daughters adnoids are 40 percent bigger thsn they should be, spafford never tested her adnoids, ever! And said her tonsils are way too big! Do not recommend Spafford he is horrible!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

had horrible experience, do NOT recommend using this DR!!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction in July of this year and I am happy with the results and I am very grateful he did not pack my nose. He is a good surgeon but lacks people skills. He seemed annoyed when I asked questions about the surgery and rushed me to sign the consent form and to get out of the office. Because of that I would not recommend going to him.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

I took my 9 year old daughter in recently. He made us feel as though we were wasting his time, he dismissed our family doctor's concern, and was rather rough with my daughter when he needed to adjust the angle of her head during examination.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr. Peter Spafford's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My wife had her parotid gland removed. Dr Spafford was very knowledgeable and, despite a busy schedule, did an excellent job of explaining what to expect. Follo..."

May 24, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Great surgeon. Had a rhino and septoplasty and he did an amazing job helping me be able to breathe normal again, he also was very easy to contact during recover..."

May 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spafford took out my tonsils 2 weeks ago. He was so nice and easy to talk to, though it is obvious that he is always in a hurry. Nonetheless, he did a great..."

March 31, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Take my advice, if your family doctor refers you to Dr. Spafford ask for another doctor. He has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen and zero personality. ..."

March 2, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spafford is a LIAR! We have been seeing him since my son was under a year old. We have been going through his hoops to get his tonsils/adnoids out since h..."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spafford did my tonsillectomy in Oct/15. The office visit was quick, but I got my questions and concerns answered. My surgery and recovery time was as expec..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr spafford knowd his stuff but I feel he is no longer caring for his patients! I have been taking my daughter to him since she was one and have been told by my..."

December 19, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "had horrible experience, do NOT recommend using this DR!! "

December 9, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction in July of this year and I am happy with the results and I am very grateful he did not pack my nose. He is a good su..."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I took my 9 year old daughter in recently. He made us feel as though we were wasting his time, he dismissed our family doctor's concern, and was rather rough wi..."

November 23, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spafford seems knowledgeable but isn't very nice or patient. I definitely wasted my time going there as he pumped me in and out in less than 5 minutes. "

November 10, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spafford definitely knows his stuff and, I have no doubt, can be an excellent doctor. But what my experience with him was is that he is someone who is tryi..."

October 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spafford did a wonderful job of my complex surgery. He made sure all of my questions were answered and that we had all of the information needed to feel co..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Spafford was amazing. The appointment was simple and quick. He asked why I was there, looked at my tonsils, then asked if I wanted my ton..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have seen this doctor twice regarding chronic Sinus pain over 5 years. The first time Prior to my diagnosis of Sarcoidosis he wanted to refer me to a Therapis..."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. " In addition to my previous post from April 11. We have been redirected to a new doctor as Dr. Stafford never did end up referring us to any further doctors pro..."

July 19, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "My experience was very much like the guy below me. I waited a good long while in the exam room. I could hear him lauging and joking around in the next room with..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "He's a horrible person. I realize he's busy and has bad days like the rest of us. My time with him was less than five minutes. He asked why are you hear? I advi..."

May 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Spafford since 1995 after two previous ENTs I have been nothing but extremely satisfied with him in all respects ... "

April 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spafford's office was quite busy, but our appointment started on time. His knowledge and expertise helped to put our family's minds at ease when talking abo..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "He's a quack! Will be calling the board of physicians. "

April 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Avoid this man. He has ruined my life for three years. I have gotten 4 MRIs for an invasive fungal infection and he never even looked at them. Advised me not to..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Felt like a wasted trip and we had to travel from two hours plus away. He rushed our appointment, did what he said was a thorough examination, way too fast, we..."

April 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Ok so he was really rude to me. Told me to come back and make an appointment a year from now for son for a little bit of fluid in his ears. He asked me if I wou..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thanks for the check up today dr. Spafford. My ear feels less irritated with that 8 years of wax out now. I am also great full for the surgery way back when. Yo..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spafford is a wonderful surgeon. While he is very quick in his appointments, he utilizes his time extremely effectively. He put me at ease and I had full co..."

November 22, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Spafford was a waste of time to see. I got an undiagnosed vertigo with ear like symptoms after a surgery that had nothing to do with my ears. I was sent to h..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I really must share how wonderful Dr. Spafford is. I was diagnosed with tongue cancer and referred to DR. Spafford. From the first moment I was in his office ..."

October 24, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 laryngeal cancer. We were extremely blessed to have had this doctor perform the laryngectomy on my husband. We love and ..."

October 18, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a very bad nose bleed last tuesday so he put a 9"packing in my leftnose and naybe 5" on my right nose that was so bad painful and stil bleeding he say let..."

September 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "every friendly knowledgeable Dr. he. took the time to explain what he needed to do and saw me after my operation to explain how things went and what our next..."

September 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spafford is a gifted specialist and surgeon. Yes he is busy, but that means he is obviously very talented and in high demand. He performed a septoplasty on ..."

September 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great guy! Was caring and compassionate. Made me feel very much at ease! Would definitely recommend him."

September 8, 2014