Ratings for Dr. Peter Spafford

Do not go to this Doctor. I took my 80 year old mother for an appt for her ears. Without her hearing aids she cannot hear at all. He became very rude and impatient with her. When he examined her ear he pulled it hard and hurt her. He said she needed a tube in her ear and was walkinout. I called him back three times. Much to my regret we let him put a tube in her ears. At surgery he did not give any freezing at all no even topical. My brother ok her to the Surrey and he could hear her yelling pain in the waiting room. This doctor did not speak to her or my brother at all after. No after care or anything was discussed. Now my mother went for new hearing aids and they took picture of the inside of her ear and it is just terrible. We need to go to someone else to get this looked at. NEVER ever trust this man!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

The hearing test(3minutes and totally unnecessary except to pad the bill) lasted longer than the consultation. Did not bother to ask any questions - past history/ family history/occupation . Examination 5 second tongue depressor, 2 second visual inspection of nose. 2 minutes to instruct to use medication. Consultation done! Kaching!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I will never go back to Dr. Spafford, he didn't listen to anything I had to say he walked away when I attempted to tell him my symptoms. Glanced in my ear for a second and basically just said there's nothing I can do for you see you later. And walked out of the room, very unprofessional in total the appt was only 5 minutes. I got referred to another ENT hoping for a better experience

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

DO NOT go to this doctor!! I had the opportunity too go to 2 ENT's the SAME DAY. Dr. Spafford and Dr. Shoman. AND it was COMPLETE NIGHT AND DAY!! Dr. Spafford by the way Worst bed side manner and not all that smart. He rushed me through the appointment in 5 minutes and didn't even perform a scope in the office at the time of visit. As a matter of fact in mid sentence he walked to the door and tried to leave!! And if he doesn't know what is causing the pain he will say you suffer from phantom pains/Chronic pain syndrome...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You got a PHD too tell ppl that??!! (My family doctor could of told me that if that was the case and not refer me to you) And he will NOT refer you on to anyone else if he doesn't know what is wrong. So then I see Dr. Nael Shoman (ENT) 2 hours later same type of specialist and OMG! The best doctor EVER! He spent 35 min with me. Performed a scope in his office, checked my ears etc. He spent time listening to my concerns, and spending the time analyzing everything. He made the SMART decision too then refer me to a Neuro Surgeon since he believed my pain was the cause of my cervical spine. Now this is a doctor everyone needs to go to!!! We waited a 1 hour too see him because he has a busy office but thats because he's GOOOD!!!! Everyone told me to go to him, glad I listened.. The only mistake was going to see Dr. Spafford. And everyone don't be afraid too report any Physician to the College of Physicians if they don't refer you too someone else or you had a bad experience with a doctor..They take your complaints very seriously so don't be shy too write a letter or call.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Does not spend time with patients and had no empathy. Was in a huge rush to get out of the appointment with me. I wasted time from my day going to my appointment and he made me feel like I was a waste of time being in his office when I was legitimately there for an issue after being referred. I would recommend going elsewhere if possible.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I have been suffering from nose bleeds my whole life, finally went to see a specialist and could not have been more disappointed! He was mean, looked at my nose for less than 20 seconds and told me "There's nothing i can do, use vaseline a couple times a day and come see me if it gets better" If what gets better? I thought he was supposed to help fix my problem? He had terrible bedside manner and I had to stop him from leaving the room so I could ask questions, to which he acted as if i was wasting his time with them. Never going to see him again and I will definitely be getting a second opinion.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

My wife had her parotid gland removed. Dr Spafford was very knowledgeable and, despite a busy schedule, did an excellent job of explaining what to expect. Follow up care was excellent and he was available on short notice when minor unexpected complications occurred.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Great surgeon. Had a rhino and septoplasty and he did an amazing job helping me be able to breathe normal again, he also was very easy to contact during recovery over the phone for any needed questions

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Dr. Spafford took out my tonsils 2 weeks ago. He was so nice and easy to talk to, though it is obvious that he is always in a hurry. Nonetheless, he did a great job on my surgery and his punctuality was amazing. He checked on me 4 times in the hospital and made sure all of my questions were answered before I was discharged. My healing process has been great and I have had no bleeding. I would highly recommend him to anyone for surgery.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Take my advice, if your family doctor refers you to Dr. Spafford ask for another doctor. He has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen and zero personality. It's all about how many patients he can get through in a day. If they would allow him to set up a conveyor belt to get patients through even quicker I'm sure he would do it. Not a nice man !!! A bit full of himself.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016