Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Pierce-Ruhland

I AM SWITCHING DOCTORS. I went in to TALK about hemorrhoid surgery. He asked if he could take a look to make sure they were hemorrhoids. I already knew they were hemorrhoids, I didn't need confirmation that I had hemorrhoids, its obvious from looking at them externally and I had the doctor see it years ago. Anyways, I figured whatever if it makes him feel better I'll let him look. Then he bills me for an anascopy for more than two hundred bucks after I already paid the co-pay! I just wanted to talk and this guy bills me for something I didn't know I was gonna get billed for. If he knew this was gonna cost money, he should have warned me first. I would never have had him confirm my hemorrhoids if I knew I was gonna get billed. I'm on a small budget and this guy is screwing me. Tried to call their office and the billing dept. but they/he/Wheaton won't do anything.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

would not advise anyone to go to this doctor,just not happy with care he was providing me,felt like i was on my own and never really felt he had my best interest for a healthly me.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2012

great doctor & staff. Always ready to listen and answers questions I may have.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011

Very balanced in his approach, thorough, respectful of his patient. He is not one to push medications but uses them properly. He is very conscious of his time slot, so you do need to be prepared for the consultation.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

I was a 2+ pack a day smoker and I worked in a foundry. I kept losing my voice and put on enormous amount of weight. Not once did this doctor ever look at or in my throat even though I was seeing him and his nurse practioner on a regular basis. I ended up finding out at my own insistance that I had stage 3 throat cancer. Then the doctors at All Saints weren't going to do anything about it!!! I read that myself in my medical records. I ended up going to Froedtert where they literally saved my life.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

When a potential problem was found, he talked me OUT of going to a specialist...and ordered a biopsy (thyroid). When the radiologist saw my ultrasound, he was puzzled & told me they don't usually biopsy spots so small since they're too hard to get a good sample & usually the test is inconclusive. Radiologist called Dr. P-Ruhland, the doctor insisted on proceeding w/ biopsy. Though they tried hard, the test was inconclusive, so after all that I still know nothing. Radiologist told me it should have just been put under a watch with follow up ultrasounds. WHY wouldn't this doctor listen to someone who does a dozen of these tests a week?! WHY did he talk me out of going to a specialist when as it turns out he doesn't even know the common procedure for follow up treatment?! Why was I put through the stress & anxiety for a test which they knew would probably not even help??

flag | Submitted November 9, 2006

Dr. Richard A. Pierce-Ruhland's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Racine, WI