Ratings for Dr. Kirsten Emmott

I was mid-diagnosed for over a year. I was having a very basic problem and was repeatedly told that it was all in my head and given medication that was not appropriate to treat my problem. Testing that I was told from other physicians, as I ended up going to every walk in, that was standard was not ordered at all. Basically her inability to be a health professional could end up causing me life long repercussions. As another health professional commenting, I plead with you not to see this physician!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

if you have a very simple problem,she is ok to deal with for short amount of time, i mean if you have a cold, or something pretty obvious. But if you go in for something concerning, she not only is rude about it, you dont get much answers and she walks away while your still talking. Has prescribed me wrong medication several times, which pharmacist catches and then consequently has to call her to re write.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Brash, abrasive, short temped, sarcastic and condescending, cruel, no empathy whatsoever. People skills are nonexistent. My daughter 5 yrs old and she's afraid to go to see her. Talk about "out of the mouth of babes." Coughs without covering her mouth. She's more worried about what the rest of the medical community thinks of her so she is stingy with much needed medications. " What would they say if I gave you that much." Walks out of the room & heads for the next victim while you are still trying to explain something important, no support, terrible attitude, continually gets the prescription wrong or the prescription instruction is so vague and poorly written that the pharmacist has to call her to ask her what she means about the instructions. I can go on but I'm sure you all get the drift from this and most of the her other victims! If you value your life and sanity, stay away from this woman. strength.justice@gmail.com

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

she is rude, condescending and has terrible manners

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

That woman, I won't use the word doctor, is everything opposite of what we look for in a family doctor. If I didn"t FIRE her when I did I don"t think I'd be alive today. She is the cruelest, meanest most ueducated and not to mention the rudest most uempathetic unsympathetic iciest so called professional I have ever had the misfortune to have had to deal with. She has bee here for decades but the only doctor with an almost empty practise because every person with a brain fires her. She is a chronic liar, a major pill pusher, and a total witch. You can talk to others who've had nightmare experiences with her I saw an ad in the paper email at strength.justice@gmail.com. For heavens sake report this woman to the medical licencing board!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

She is the worst doctor that I have ever seen!!! Her staff are awesome, but they keep quitting on her. She's the only doctor that was accepting patients when I moved here. I'm no longer her patient & neither are my two children. She was always trying to get me to take medication & actually over prescribed many of my meds. She was always good in the beginning, but after I got pregnant she was not that great during the delivery & then seemed to get possessive of my son. He's got disabilities & when I wanted him to see a petiatriction she wanted to know why. Then made me point out every single thing I thought was wrong with him. She was very rude to me during my visits & has no bedside manor. I would recommend that you find any other doctor... She's awful! The only helpful thing she did was get me to stay off my feet while I was pregnant, as my left leg kept swelling. When I asked for her to fill out a form for disability, she told me that I was lazy & just wanted to sit at home & collect money. I've always worked, still do & am on disability. In the past I even had 4 or 5 jobs at the same time... so opinionated I would say, YES!!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

To be blunt she has the personality of a slug! There is a reason when I called to book an appointment and most of her day was open on a Friday, that should have been my first clue. She does not listen, is rude and quite frankly so old and miserable she clearly hates her job. I couldn't get out the exam room fast enough. Save yourself and don't see this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

I went to this doctor about a ago. I told her that I was not getting my periods. She sent me for one blood test. I also brought in a pregnancy test that clearly said positive, but said it was negative. my hcg level was very low. So she said that I was not pregnant. Now I agree that to someone that would look like she was right, but she almost mocked me for when I showed her the pregnancy test. Later I show a friend yet another test and my friend told me that she saw it was clearly positive. Anyway about a month after that I saw what I think was a miscarriage happening, tissue and stuff when I went to the bathroom. Sorry for the tmi. So I would not go to this lady even as a walk in patient. I have a another doctor anyway.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr. Emmott is one of the only doctors in Courtenay/Comox accepting new patients, which is why I think most people end up with her. I think she is the worst doctors I have ever had. She is fine doing routine check ups, but if you have a serious condition that requires a thoughtful response, don't waste your time. Her goal seems to be to get patients in and out as quickly as possible without her having to lift a finger to help. In the past 5 years, I have gone to her twice with 2 serious health concerns. The first time she acted like I had not said anything. "Anything else?" she asked after I described my symptoms. I was shocked. "No, that's everything" I said slowly. Sure enough, a few seconds later she took her leave and that was the end of the appointment. The second time, she wrote up a little "report" on her computer and told me to come back if it got worse. In both cases, she did not look at my body or order any tests, but she billed the government nonetheless. This is a failure to provide basic medical attention. I think this woman is in the wrong profession but has found a way to make a comfortable living for herself. I am not wasting my time or taxpayer's money by going to this doctor again.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

I went to see Dr Emmott reference my Chronic Fatigue and requested B12 injections, not only did she say that was hoky poky but also bluntly cut down a book I was reading on Eating Right for your Blood Type. Having CFS for over 20 yrs and only hanging on to my life with hopes of a some relief of my symptoms, Dr Emmott displayed no support whatsoever and just overally negativity! She later injected me with a B12 shot, which she sucked from the vial, didnt even squeeze out any air and litterally jammed it in my shoulder without checking for injection into a vein. Total unprofessionalism not to mention unsafe practice!!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011