You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Philippa Brain

Dr Brain performed my first c-section which was the first time I met her. She did a wonderful job on the surgery and my healing time was super short. The scar is barely noticeable. I have been seeing her since week 20 now for my second pregnancy and she will be performing my second c section as well! She is very friendly and down to earth and I really like her demeanour and bedside manner. I highly recommend her!!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Love her. She's a smart diagnostician, a caring professional and an overall lovely lady. I went to see her about surgery for suspected ovarian cancer. She talks to you plainly and listens to your concerns and symptoms. She's careful in reviewing medical history and old charts before proceeding with the right kind of surgery for your diagnosis. If you're lucky to get to see her, as she does have a long waitlist, be patient and grateful you did. She goes the extra mile to make sure you are well taken care of, if not by her, someone as equally talented as her. Do not be in a rush in the gyne clinic. It's the patients, not her, that take more time than some. Her clinical staff are hard to get ahold of. The office is a maze of small rooms with clerks, sometimes difficult to communicate and navigate. If I could only rate Dr. Brain, she would get 10++\10.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

basically this dr completely wrecked my life. I had severe pain with periods at age 12 and had endometriosis but I was not diagnosed with it yet. She told me I was "too young" to have endo when it is believed to be a disease you are born with as the disease has been found in autopsies of infants 11% of the time in several studies. About 10% of people get endometriosis so the numbers are similar. She put me on estrogen which is really bad for this disease we ended up switching from hormone pills to another one over and over again without relief and she believed the pain was just in my head and did not get how severe my pain was. My pain continued to get worse over time and I would go unconcious because it was so bad and at one point I was hospitalized for about a week due to severe pain and they finally convinced this dr and dr sarah k mcquillan to do surgery to look for endometriosis although they both said theres no way I have it but my dr in the hospital was pushing them to atleast rule it out. They had put me on the mirena IUD several months before the surgery which gives progesterone and progesterone visibily makes the endometriosis harder to see or completely unable to be seen they said that because I hadnt responded to the IUD (it made my pain worse and I was bleeding everyday for months on it) since it made my pain worse they thought that it meant I for sure didnt have endometriosis but only 40% of people with this disease repond well to hormones and lots of people with endometriosis get worse on hormones and the IUD. getting the IUD was the worst decision in my life I could walk before I had it but after having the IUD I became completely bedridden 24/7. Dr brain and mcquillan did surgery to look for the endometriosis but because I had just been on progesterone from the IUD it wasnt able to be found and they did not understand this so they said I didnt have endometriosis. they had looked around touching endometriosis that wasnt visible and when you touch the disease its severely painful so I woke up in so much pain I was screaming I had no pain medication given for after surgery and none given even after the pain was so bad I couldnt stop screaming they refused to do anything for the pain because they thought my pain was just in my head. Fast forward a year later and I decided to see the top specialist for endometriosis we drove about 35hrs to go see him as I could not be in a airplane or sit anymore and was losing so much weight from being unable to keep food down from pain that I was going to die if I didnt get help. The specialist in the states did surgery on me and found endometriosis inside of me, found adhesions and adenomyosis and removed all the disease and adhesions and I woke up from surgery in less pain already and am now no longer experiencing any endometriosis pain anymore but because my endometriosis was left for so many years untreated I developed complex regional pain syndrome from it basically I have nerve damage because this disease was eating away at my insides for years causing internal bleeding and damaging my nerves because it was left too long because of this dr. I wish I could give 0 stars because this took away 7 years of my life, I had to quit school, work everything.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

She is simply brilant. It is worth the wait. None of other gynaecologist I saw was willing even to attempt to perform LAVH for my huge fibroids removal, while she succeeded!!!!! I'm pain free since day one and feel amazing. If you can get in, do so and just let her do the magic :).

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr B is brilliant and so is her partner, Dr Wood. Both were very clinical and didnt address much beyond keeping me pregnant. I had to go elsewhere to find solutions and suggestions for swelling, leg cramps and pregnancy-related stress (I had a great chiro and accuptunrist - Dr Anita Yee in the downtown core). I disliked Dr Wood. He is too impressed with himself. Overall I would recommend Dr. Baranowski for a high risk pregnancy and not Dr Brain/Wood.... But they are all very smart clinicans.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

I'm a physician myself and all I can say is, Dr. Brain is the absolute best of the best! I am extremely lucky that she saw me through two pregnancies, delivered one of my daughters and has recently agreed to see me again for my third baby! Her knowledge is excellent, she knows when to resort to evidence-based medicine and when to trust her intuition and expertise. She is kind, tactful and patient. She's down to earth and charismatic. And, as anyone who works in labor and delivery can attest - has excellent surgical skills when needed. Yes, she runs a busy clinic, and yes, sometimes things run behind schedule, but trust me - she's worth the wait!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Love love love her! my scar isn't even visible, she did a wonderful job before and after my c-section. The nurses that work with her at foothills are also so helpful.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

A kind, smart, and knowledgeable doctor, who treats her patiences with respect.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr. Philippa Brain's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Brain performed my first c-section which was the first time I met her. She did a wonderful job on the surgery and my healing time was super short. The scar..."

May 26, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Love her. She's a smart diagnostician, a caring professional and an overall lovely lady. I went to see her about surgery for suspected ovarian cancer. She ta..."

April 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor ever !! Dr Brain is an awesome doctor and always listens to your problems and very knowledgable and helpful. "

April 22, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "basically this dr completely wrecked my life. I had severe pain with periods at age 12 and had endometriosis but I was not diagnosed with it yet. She told me I ..."

February 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Yoo this nigggga is strait up good she burthed my chuld with the highmost goodness and she ddidnt even have to break a mothfsdjhk sweat yuo know hat im saying A..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is simply brilant. It is worth the wait. None of other gynaecologist I saw was willing even to attempt to perform LAVH for my huge fibroids removal, while s..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr B is brilliant and so is her partner, Dr Wood. Both were very clinical and didnt address much beyond keeping me pregnant. I had to go elsewhere to find solut..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "She cares very little for those who suffer with chronic pelvic pain. If you are looking for someone to help you, look elsewhere. "

August 5, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I'm a physician myself and all I can say is, Dr. Brain is the absolute best of the best! I am extremely lucky that she saw me through two pregnancies, delivered..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love love love her! my scar isn't even visible, she did a wonderful job before and after my c-section. The nurses that work with her at foothills are also so ..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A kind, smart, and knowledgeable doctor, who treats her patiences with respect."

May 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Brain was courteous, prompt and very personable. She did fantastic job on two surgical interventions I had with her. My results were 100%. Her treatment ..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "As a high risk ob/gyn Dr.Brain is quite knowledgeable and her attitude reflects that, she's not one to accept others onions well. She is not personable at all a..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Brain has been my obgyne for almost 10 years. She has performed a minor surgery on me almost that long ago and most recently a full hysterectomy. Yes, it di..."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was blessed to have Dr. Brain deliver both of my babies She is the rare combination of excellent skill and wonderful bedside manner."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "If you have fibroids, you do not want to see this doctor. Her knowledge is very limited when it comes to fibroids and she is too arrogant to admit it. I went..."

September 10, 2014