You may also like

She is simply brilant. It is worth the wait. None of other gynaecologist I saw was willing even to attempt to perform LAVH for my huge fibroids removal, while she succeeded!!!!! I'm pain free since day one and feel amazing. If you can get in, do so and just let her do the magic :).

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr B is brilliant and so is her partner, Dr Wood. Both were very clinical and didnt address much beyond keeping me pregnant. I had to go elsewhere to find solutions and suggestions for swelling, leg cramps and pregnancy-related stress (I had a great chiro and accuptunrist - Dr Anita Yee in the downtown core). I disliked Dr Wood. He is too impressed with himself. Overall I would recommend Dr. Baranowski for a high risk pregnancy and not Dr Brain/Wood.... But they are all very smart clinicans.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

I'm a physician myself and all I can say is, Dr. Brain is the absolute best of the best! I am extremely lucky that she saw me through two pregnancies, delivered one of my daughters and has recently agreed to see me again for my third baby! Her knowledge is excellent, she knows when to resort to evidence-based medicine and when to trust her intuition and expertise. She is kind, tactful and patient. She's down to earth and charismatic. And, as anyone who works in labor and delivery can attest - has excellent surgical skills when needed. Yes, she runs a busy clinic, and yes, sometimes things run behind schedule, but trust me - she's worth the wait!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Love love love her! my scar isn't even visible, she did a wonderful job before and after my c-section. The nurses that work with her at foothills are also so helpful.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

A kind, smart, and knowledgeable doctor, who treats her patiences with respect.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr. Brain was courteous, prompt and very personable. She did fantastic job on two surgical interventions I had with her. My results were 100%. Her treatment of her residents was great and she was really good to the OR staff. I would recommend her in a minute.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

As a high risk ob/gyn Dr.Brain is quite knowledgeable and her attitude reflects that, she's not one to accept others onions well. She is not personable at all and has horrible bedside manner. I ended up delivery my baby at 25.5 weeks gestation and when I was asking about pain relief methods during labour she replied, "your baby will be so small it'll just slide right out and you won't even feel a thing"... She seemed to lack compassion and be quite condescending if you questioned anything she said. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Brain has been my obgyne for almost 10 years. She has performed a minor surgery on me almost that long ago and most recently a full hysterectomy. Yes, it did take several months to get in to see her, but once you're in she takes very good care of you! Her bedside manner is very easygoing and she is both knowdgeable and sympathetic. I have had 2 other obgyne's over the years and neither of them made me feel at ease like Dr. Brain has. She is well worth the wait to get into and you will feel well-cared for once you do!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Dr. Philippa Brain's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Yoo this nigggga is strait up good she burthed my chuld with the highmost goodness and she ddidnt even have to break a mothfsdjhk sweat yuo know hat im saying A..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is simply brilant. It is worth the wait. None of other gynaecologist I saw was willing even to attempt to perform LAVH for my huge fibroids removal, while s..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr B is brilliant and so is her partner, Dr Wood. Both were very clinical and didnt address much beyond keeping me pregnant. I had to go elsewhere to find solut..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "She cares very little for those who suffer with chronic pelvic pain. If you are looking for someone to help you, look elsewhere. "

August 5, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I'm a physician myself and all I can say is, Dr. Brain is the absolute best of the best! I am extremely lucky that she saw me through two pregnancies, delivered..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love love love her! my scar isn't even visible, she did a wonderful job before and after my c-section. The nurses that work with her at foothills are also so ..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A kind, smart, and knowledgeable doctor, who treats her patiences with respect."

May 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Brain was courteous, prompt and very personable. She did fantastic job on two surgical interventions I had with her. My results were 100%. Her treatment ..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "As a high risk ob/gyn Dr.Brain is quite knowledgeable and her attitude reflects that, she's not one to accept others onions well. She is not personable at all a..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Brain has been my obgyne for almost 10 years. She has performed a minor surgery on me almost that long ago and most recently a full hysterectomy. Yes, it di..."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was blessed to have Dr. Brain deliver both of my babies She is the rare combination of excellent skill and wonderful bedside manner."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "If you have fibroids, you do not want to see this doctor. Her knowledge is very limited when it comes to fibroids and she is too arrogant to admit it. I went..."

September 10, 2014