Ratings for Dr. David S. Wander

Dr. Wander explains everything in great detail, making sure that you understand, and provides clear guidelines of what you need to do after bunion surgery. In following those orders, it's easy to heal super quickly and be back in tennis shoes in just 3 weeks. I'm someone who always arrives early for appointments and I have never had to wait for my scheduled appointment time because they're already ready to help me. My mother also has had bunion surgery (with a different doctor many years ago) and she said that she was very impressed by Dr. Wander and how quickly you can go back to a "normal life." I have had a wonderful experience on my right foot, so I'm ready to tackle my left foot!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Dr. Wander exceeded my expectations. I knew I needed surgery and almost pulled the trigger with another doctor, but a lady I work with said I should get another opinion from Dr. Wander. Glad I listened. He listened to me and calmed down my fears and explained everything really well. The surgery went smooth and he always returned my calls and answered my questions. I couldn't ask for more

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Dr.Wander diagnosed a small tumor on my toe that was misdiagnosed by another physician. I first came across Dr. Wander 4 years ago when he successfully performed surgery on a friend that was complicated. The only reason I went to the other doctor initially is because I moved and no longer lived near his office but the drive turned out to be very much worth it. I liked him then and even more so now, as today he performed surgery on my foot. Dr.Wander is a great listener, extremely knowledgeable, took his time when discussing my condition and he has excellent bedside manners. From the moment I walked into his office he was caring and offered me several alternatives. I decided to go with the surgery and I was petrified, as I never had stitches or a broken bone in my life and I will leave my age out. The surgery was performed today at Jeannes Hospital. I was extremely nervous, however once he walked into the room he went over with both me and my husband what to expect. He was funny, attentive, caring and he spoke to us as equals, which calmed me down immediately as did the rest of the surgical team. Surgery was performed on a Friday and I needed him soon after once I got home, as there was a problem with my prescription. I called the office at 5:30 on a Friday night. He called me back within 5 minutes, called the pharmacy and took care of the problem. After he took care of getting my prescription filled he then called me back to make sure everything went smoothly! He told me to follow his instructions exactly and to call him if I needed anything at all over the weekend and he would call me back within 5 minutes. As others have stated, if you ever need surgery, then Dr.Wander is the man and on a personal note I would only go to the very best and that he is. Thanks Dr. Wander!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I had the most pleasant experience under Dr. Wander's care for my right foot bunion surgery. He has excellent bedside manners, he truly cares about his patients and most of all he explains everything that he plans to do in great detail. I had virtually zero pain after surgery and I was out of the boot in just 3 weeks. I'm approaching the 3 month mark post surgery and i feel almost back at 100% (as a teacher I'm constantly on my feet and I have some minor discomfort at times). If you have to have this surgery done, Dr. Wander is the man! I look forward to having my left foot done next summer.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

I was sent to Dr Wander by my pain management doctor. During my first visit he did things that no other specialist had done before. He actually did a full exam and asked a lot of questions and looked at all the test results I had done. He didn't agree with the diagnosis I got from 2 other doctors (and I wasn't getting better), so I figured I'd listen to his recommendations. Boy am I glad I listened, because my problem that I've had for a long time is finally almost completely resolved.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Doctor Wander is great....he conducted a bunion surgery on my right foot on May 7th and I'm now walking in my sneakers. He explained the whole procedure before surgery, very supportive after surgery. He is a bit anal but that's why he is so excellent! I look forward to him doing surgery on my right foot👍🏾

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Writing once again....Doctor Wander has done it again... My wife has has her second bunion removed, and here we are one day shy of three weeks, and today she is done with the surgery boot, and is back wearing her sneakers !!!!!!! I cannot EMPHASIZE to all those who are afraid of this type of surgery that there is NO - repeat NO !!!- pain..... My wife has told anyone that will ask and listen, that the premise is very, very simple.... Doctor Wander knows exactly what he is doing, and he gives a listing of some very simple post surgery things to do, and not do... It's simple DO WHAT HE SAYS !!!!! My wife is pain free, range of movement is beyond expectation at this time, and she is extremely happy with her "new look" !!!! While I could go on about our feelings towards the good Doc, I must not fail to include ALL of his hard working staff !!!! Excellence all around ............ Our thanks to all involved....

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

My names Heather and Dr. Wander performed bunion surgery on my right foot Dec 18, 2014, let me tell you!' I was so nervous bc I heard from multiple people that their surgery was so painful. Well...it's January 6, 2015 and I barely had any pain!! I was so confused how some people had so many difficulties and mine was so easy and painless. Dr Wander is very up front and tells how it is! Some people don't like that but I love it. Don't listen to anyone but him! And please if you're reading this to decide if he should perform surgery on you don't hesitate. Just do it! He's amazing! I will be getting my left foot done and wouldn't go to anyone else!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

I'm the spouse of the patient and feel I MUST "tell the world" about this very fine Doctor... My wife had a bunion and hammer toe on her right foot, and she was operated on September 4. Today - just 20 days later she was given the OK to remove her "boot" and walk in sneakers. Ever since she began this journey, everyone that we spoke with absolutely said that the procedure is painful !!!!!!!!! Well they are all WRONG !!!!!! Simply put - you have an excellent Doctor doing a superb procedure, and then instructing the patient what to do and what to not do, which my wife followed precisely !!!!!! The results - no pain - no issues - nothing !!!!! Cannot stop being AMAZED - We are very happy with everyone associated with this from day one !!!!! Appointments are on time, office staff knows her by name, that ask how she feels, etc... The office waiting area itself is a pleasure - decorated in the current holiday theme (Halloween).... Would and have recommended this Doctor to anyone !!!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I was at my wits end looking for the right doctor to work on my feet..I was to a few but felt no confidence in them. Then I went to Doctor Wander...what a breath of fresh air!! Not only was he competent & confident, I loved his wit! He will be completing foot #2 next summer for I am a teacher & need my 'feet' to work.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014