Ratings for Dr. Denise A. Bongiovanni

Very knowledgeable and compassionate doctor. She spent plenty of time with me and didn't keep me waiting either. Her staff was friendly and helpful. I'm definitely returning. Dr. Bongiovanni also does Botox for migraines which has been extremely beneficial in the past. She diagnosed my present condition and gave me medicine that is helping. I told her I am very sensitive to medications, so she started me off on a low dose. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Her evaluation was a joke. Her intake of past history took 3 minutes and as I learned later she did not write what I had told her.....don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Her evaluation of me took 10 minutes. I could not believe it. Definitely getting a second opinion.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

I first meet Dr. Bongiovanni being on call for my regular Neurologist who admitted me to the hospital with issues that my Neurologist believe was a MS attack. My Neurologist has told me in front of two witnesses that I have a demyelinating disease. Dr. Bongiovanni without talking to me or I believe talking to my Neurologist dismissed that diagnosis and diagnosis me with a conversion disorder and wrote in my hospital record I need to see a Psychiatrists. I just wondering how she could come to show A diagnosis without talking to me and dismissing me with her comment when I told her what my Neurologist said and with no real history of my past medical record. I will in the future refuse her as a doctor to treat me.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

We had an emergency appt, and she fit us in, was punctual, accomodating in that she conferred with referring physician at their request, and answered our questions. She was very friending and engaging and made my teenager feel very at ease.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

I went to see this dr after having several seizures in my sleep. She blew it off as anxiety. After seeing another dr who sent me through the appropriate tests it turns out that I have a seizure disorder caused by my left brain reacting slower than my right brain. She blew it off as nothing without even sending me for any tests and told me to see a psychologist. I never saw her again. I was scared and worried and she provided no help.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

I've been seeing her for about a year and she is awful. Because I am only 19 she looks at me like I'm an idiot when I ask questions. I asked her to try a new medication and she said to me "you can if you want but I doubt it will work." anything tricky is beyond her.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

I found this neurologist to be extremely knowledgable and patient. She took an extremely long time to discuss my issues-her exam was very complete and answered all of my questions. I was recommended to her by a friend who spoke very highly of her.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

She is the most inept neurologist I have ever seen. She knows nothing about her field and I'm shocked she passed her boards.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2008

She dismissed my symptoms completely with no testing and no i have full blown ms-she is the worst doctor i have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2008

Dr. Denise A. Bongiovanni's Credentials

• Ny Coll Of Osteo Med Of Ny Inst Of Tech, Old Westbury Ny 11568 (Grad. 1990)