Ratings for Dr. Joseph M. Malecki

If I could give this office zero stars, I would. The front desk staff and manager have no idea what they are doing or how to speak to patients. They don't tell you that there will be a co-pay or that your insurance won't cover your cleaning fully before getting the work done. Instead they do the work and send a statement to you a month later saying you owe this much and when you call to ask why they hadn't told you about the co-payment ahead of time, they blame the patient saying WE should know that our insurance will not cover the cleaning and our deductible is a payment WE should always have to pay regardless of what treatment we get done. I encourage anyone that is thinking of going here to not go, they will not explain anything correctly considering they have no idea what they are doing. Saying they are incompetent is being nice. Doctor and hygienists are great but front staff is terrible.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

My prior dentist was focused on the money instead of working with me. I was going in for knee replacement surgery and Dr. Malecki worked with me and I was able to have the knee surgery. Dr. Malecki is super nice, funny, and he made me at ease while he was working on my teeth. The people who work for him are also super nice and helpful. They work as a team and that is important to me. I live in Huntley and drive to Elmhurst for my teeth. That's how good they are.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

I to had a root canal & crown less than 5 years ago and now have an abcess. I have been in pain for.4 days and will be going to a specialist tomorrow to have the root canal redone. I had a 2nd tooth that he did a root canal on and crown. I have had pain with that tooth ever since but not on a regular basis and not to the level of pain I am currently in.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Been going to Dr. Malecki for 5 years know. My whole family also goes to him after a recommendation from a friend. Very happy with him and feel very comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Do NOT let him do root canal/crown. He did one for me, a yr or so later had major abscess/2 ER visits and had to have oral surgery/drains and lost the tooth. My husband had same problems ( 3or4) and had to go through root canals AGAIN. Had a conversation w/someone else and discovered she had the same problem! As a DDS he is fine, office nice and he did do things pain free. But as far as I have experienced, have root canals done by a specialist!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

After becoming a patient of Dr. Malecki, I am happy to say that I am not afraid of the dentist anymore. He understood my concerns and the staff was really friendly.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2011

Very knowledgeable and nice. Staff was also very respectful and nice.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

Put a crown on a tooth that needed a root canal first. Stay away.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

Dr. Joseph M. Malecki's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Loyola University School of Dentistry (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Elmhurst, IL