Dr. Benjamin Barankin

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Benjamin Barankin

I always have positive experiences st this clinic and received great care.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

The only comment I have is that there were a couple of times where I had a concern and one of the estheticians said she would consult with Dr. Barankin but I never heard back. Other than that, excellent!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

It is obvious that the 2 recent reviews have been added by staff to counter the previous negative one. What a scam! Don't trust them here, they are fake!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

DR Barankin is a terrific dermatologist. He’s very conscientious and asks lots of questions and examines carefully my concerns. Excellent clinic too!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

I have had many excellent experiences at this clinic. Dr. Barankin is just wonderful.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Be careful here, my experience proved them to be lacking in compassion, ethics and skill. They are sweet and kind when all goes well but look out if they make a mistake leaving you with horrific results. Let me start with some good news. Simone Dias, at the front desk is lovely and kind. Dr. Barankin is charming and does a decent but not great job with Botox . I had a Pro-fractional laser treatment done 1 year ago by Emily Ferrara, the esthetician and note it was not supervised by Dr. Barankin at all, no guidance related to setting, passes etc. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and decided not to write a review until 1 year passed as they told me it needed 6-12 months to heal. Well, it only got worse rather than better. I have been left with scars, hyperpigmentation, significant volume loss in my cheeks, under my eyes, temples and forehead, orange peel skin, sensitive skin and an overall brownish skin colour. I should have known I was not in good hands when on the day of the treatment Emily said, quote "sometimes I think I want to be a waitress in a European restaurant." In addition there were so many interruptions by other estheticians. I was asked to move to different rooms on several occasions, they were so disorganized. When I went back several times with before and after photos they dismissed any concerns and told me it was not related to the laser treatment. Ridiculous and outrageous when Dr. Barankin told me it was just aging or that I had Rosacea and Melasma. But how can someone age so drastically or develop such conditions in a mere 6-8 weeks!!!! It has been an absolutely devastating year with such sadness and downtime from work and social life. I value my time so decided they weren't worth my effort in getting them to admit their wrongdoing and provide some possible solutions. However, I do care for the well- being of others and hope to save some from this potential turmoil. On a final good note, I am starting to come out on the other side after consultation and effective treatment with an amazing plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Not a very good experience. When it comes to treatments you pay out uf your pocket, ( laser, and other cosmetic pricedures), Dr. Barankin will provide you with quick and reasonable treatment. However, when it comes to real skin diseases, appointment, I was waiting for 3 months, lasted no more than 5 minuets, theatment was not successful, and he doesn’t want any follow up appointment with you to see if there was a result of his treatment. He should remember he is dermatologist, not just cosmetic procedures doctor. Disappointed. Will be looking for another dermatologist.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Dr. Barankin treated me 2yrs ago and then again recently. Thankfully he hasn’t changed. He was very nice and helpful on both occasions. The clinic has gotten even bigger and nicer. Very impressive facility.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

Dr is really good. He always is friendly. Always able to help my skin. Clinic people are really good too here.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2018

Super nice guy helps me with acne issues and removes moles. He’s always helpful and I get very nice results when he removes skin lesions

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Dr. Benjamin Barankin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Benjamin Barankin is a Toronto dermatologist specializing in medical, surgical & cosmetic care of the skin. His undergraduate university training was in Life Sciences and Psychology at Queen’s University, followed by medical school at the University of Western Ontario and dermatology residency at the University of Alberta. Dr. Barankin is also a widely published author with more than 700 articles related to dermatology and he has gained international distinction as the author of 7 books on dermatology. He serves on the editorial boards of numerous medical journals and newspapers. He has served on the executive of the Canadian Dermatology Association, and in 2014, he was honored by this national association with the Young Dermatologists’ Volunteer Award. Dr. Barankin regularly educates dermatologists, family physicians, medical trainees, and the public on matters related to the skin. In addition, his expertise is frequently sought by the Canadian press and in medico-legal cases. Dr. Barankin & Dr. Anatoli Freiman launched the Toronto Dermatology Centre in 2010, one of the largest & busiest medical, surgical, laser & cosmetic dermatology practices in Canada. It is located at Bathurst & Sheppard (SW corner).

• English