Dr. Benjamin Barankin

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Benjamin Barankin

I had an excellent experience visiting this clinic recently. I was booked fairly quickly and received a reminder. Very friendly staff and amazing looking clinic. Dr. Barankin was very professional and pleasant as he did a body mole check for me since my doctor was concerned about a few suspicious moles. He checked me out thoroughly and biopsied 2 moles, both which ended up being high risk so thankfully they’re now gone. I will definitely come back and recommend this clinic and doctor.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

Super guy and doctor really helped me with acne scars

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Excellent skin doc Dr. Barankin has helped me many time with skin issues and I can always trust him to fix things

flag | Submitted February 17, 2018

I like this doctor very much. He listens and knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Brilliant doctor. He always helps me and with nice smile and humor

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr. Barankin has been my dermatologist for more than 6 years. I am very happy with my care. He has helped with me acne issues, and removed several moles and skin tags for me as well as doing some Botox and CoolSculpting laser treatments. He explains things clearly and doesn’t push anything and the results are always better than I would have expected. The toronto derm Center is a beautiful clinic and the people working here all seem very happy and are always willing to go the extra mile. Can’t imagine a better dermatology or medical clinic.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Dr. Barankin was very friendly and professional. He was on time and is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

I had excellent experience with Dr. Barankin. He is kind and helps a lot and really listens.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

i was referred to this doctor in 2016 because my family doctor asked my opinion on who to see for my skin lesion and I suggested him because he does a lot of advertising. I had to convince he to look at the spot on my back even though he said he mostly does face stuff. he kept wanted to sell my botox for my face wrinkles. he told me it was a freckly on my back and not to worry. It kept getting bigger and my husband made me see his doctor who biopsied and it is melanoma. I hate writing letters and won't sue him even tho my new doctor says the cancer is in my bloodstream and i will need chemo and it could have been cured last summer if treated then. if you are worried about cancer please see a doctor who is not interested in cosmetics.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Super good dermatologist and friendly too. The clinic is really nice too.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Dr. Benjamin Barankin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Benjamin Barankin is a Toronto dermatologist specializing in medical, surgical & cosmetic care of the skin. His undergraduate university training was in Life Sciences and Psychology at Queen’s University, followed by medical school at the University of Western Ontario and dermatology residency at the University of Alberta. Dr. Barankin is also a widely published author with more than 700 articles related to dermatology and he has gained international distinction as the author of 7 books on dermatology. He serves on the editorial boards of numerous medical journals and newspapers. He has served on the executive of the Canadian Dermatology Association, and in 2014, he was honored by this national association with the Young Dermatologists’ Volunteer Award. Dr. Barankin regularly educates dermatologists, family physicians, medical trainees, and the public on matters related to the skin. In addition, his expertise is frequently sought by the Canadian press and in medico-legal cases. Dr. Barankin & Dr. Anatoli Freiman launched the Toronto Dermatology Centre in 2010, one of the largest & busiest medical, surgical, laser & cosmetic dermatology practices in Canada. It is located at Bathurst & Sheppard (SW corner).

• English