Ratings for Dr. Bruce J. Levine

After seeing Dr. Grossman and Dr. Udoh, I was really surprised by Dr. Levine's personality. I thought he was abrasive, rude and arrogant, telling me that I was "fat" and that I should "seriously consider" losing weight after my pregnancy. In addition, he said for a woman my age (29) my blood pressure should be about 90/70 and when I looked that up anything below 140/85 for a pregnant woman was considered "normal". He basically scared the crap out of my husband who was worried sick about my blood pressure after we saw Dr. Levine for one of my follow-up appointments. I refuse to see him again for anymore follow up appointments because of this and will refuse him again if he is the one on call for when I deliver.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Zero compassion, zero bedside manner. Tried (unsuccessfully) to convince me to let him perform a procedure on me without anesthetic, the story of which has shocked two other doctors i've since spoken to. This is just one example of my grievances. There is not enough room here for me to recite everything that was said and what happened with this man. I would never recommend this particular doctor to anybody. I have since heard that not only is his compassion-less reputation well known locally, but evidently within his own profession also. Save yourself the tears and stay away.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

I wish there was a rating for compassion. I would give him a 1.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

You may have to wait a bit, but that is only because he is extremely thorough in his exam and knowledgeable in the field. He does not rush his patients as is so commonly found in this industry; which is why I find the wait well worth it. He wanted to know what I was being treated for by other doctors and who was in my current network of care. This is so important and so often overlooked. I am truly thankful to Dr. Levine.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

The other poster is correct, having Dr. Levine is the delivery room is not a pleasant experience. He is rude, and down right nasty. I asked a fairly simple question, and he made me feel stupid. While I think that technically he is a good doctor, his personality is horrible. I switched doctors because of him.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2007

Dr Levine is arrogant and rude. He didn't seem to care about me as a person, I seemed to be more of a bother to him than a patient. On 2 separate occasions, when I tried to talk to him about pregnancy concerns, he seemed more concerned w/ the freckles on my shoulders and chest which made me feel uncomfortable. I switched practices in my 30th wk of pregnancy because of him. I could not imagine a pleasant birthing experience if he was in the delivery room!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2006

Dr. Bruce J. Levine's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Centene