Ratings for Dr. William H. Cooper

I had my first appmnt.scheduled for July 2. And Iwas called into work and couldn't get off to make my appmnt...I called ahead of time to lreschedule was sent straight to voice mail..when my call was returned the redemption St was very rude and told me I couldn't reschedule ever again because I cancelled my first appmnt same day.. She said it was n the new patient packet which ibnever received...then I told her if. Could reschedule I could take that day off work..the receptionist then replied if I payed a 50-75 dollar cancellation fee then MAYBE she could reschedule vke... Really was looking forward to my appointment but she ruined that..now to find a new dr

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I was seen by Dr.Cooper for my routine Gyn for the first time.Upon my arrival,they charged me a $45 mandatory administration fee not covered by my insurance and it was not discussed with me prior to my appointment.After a very short examination,he did not order the lab tests included in a basic checkup during any Gyn exam.He claimed that the only test he would get paid from insurance is pap smear.He said in order to complete my checkup I should request a new appt. and to pay for another visit.When I asked him to take a quick look into my ear to see whether the antibiotic I was taking for my infection was working,he replied that my request was neither in his department nor did he have an Otoscope. He also prescribed a supply of six months of birth control medication instead of one year. He said a refill can be made upon another visit beyond six months.Later on he tried to charge me $50 for receiving a copy of my mammo from the radiologist who had given me the result directly.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

I have always been able to get an appointment when I need to. The admin staff are really nice and helpful (not always the case with my other doctors/dentist...) and He always takes the time to explain things to the patient. Takes his time with you but also doesn't waste your time. Definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

He is a wonderful caring doctor. I never had any doctor like him. I was so impress with the admin people too. They show care! He actually sits with you to talk about your situation at his office! I totally recomendedhim. If your insuracnce pays do not hesitate to call him. Wonderful!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

Told him I came to him b/c I needed obgyn b/c I wanted to get pregnant. He waited till I was pregnant and 9 weeks ago to tell me that he no longer delivered and then I had to find a new doctor. He was alos not upfront with me about how things would work with my insurance billing and it was a HUGE headache. Would never go back.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

Awesome Doctor! Very caring and assuring. Very thourough and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

Dr. Cooper is absolutely the best, most caring, gentle and competent OB/GYN I've ever known. His surgical skill and bedside manner are wonderful, too. To see Dr. Cooper has been worth every dime I have paid, even when he's not "in" my health plan du jour. -- Karen E. Lewis

flag | Submitted September 19, 2009

Dr. Cooper is most personable and giving of his time and attention. It is so refreshing to get Marcus Welby medicine in this era of Costco medicine...his staff is great, and he is very gentle and compassionate. I recommend him very highly and have referred several friends already, whom are most pleased.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

I usually don't take the time to write reviews, but as a first time visitor to Dr. Cooper's office I can say that I was extremely impressed. The visit was exactly what an ideal doctor's appointment should be. All of the staff members I met were extremely friendly and professional and Dr. Cooper is very personabale and non-intimidating. Before my exam we had a consultation in his office. He took the time to answer my questions and listen to my concerns, and though he made certain recommendations, he wasn't unnecessarily pushy with any of them. So far so good, and I definitely plan on visiting again!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2008

Doctor Cooper is amazing, he is really nice and he knows what he is doing...I would highly recommed himm...he is great.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2007

Dr. William H. Cooper's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Chevy Chase, MD