Ratings for Dr. Robert L. Stroud

I think Dr. Stroud is a wonderful caring doctor. His staff is awesome. Doctor always takes his time with me and answers all my questions. I have been seeing him for nearly 4 yrs. He has a great bedside manner. I appreciate he works on Saturday for those of us that cant take off work.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I think Dr. Stroud is very good he completes all nessary steps with new patients. He has a excellent bed side manner. The staff is great and sincere.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Made an appt for my 88 year old mom for physical and he said just have the pharmacist fax in for refills...did that and he won't refill her meds. Have to take her back in for an appointment. Really? What was the appt last month for? Need another car payment? Seriously!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

I have been with Dr. Stroud for over 8 years. He is always precise, friendly and knowlegable. He always listens to my concerns and truthfully answers all my questions. He is the very best doctor I have ever known or visited. He is warm and compassionate about his patients. He gives up half of every Sat. to see patients that can't miss work. All his patients love him! He works with his patients to achieve the care which works best for them. He makes his patients feel at ease by talking with them, not at them. Office visits seem more like visiting an old friend, instead of an egotistical medical doctor. He always treats his patients with complete respect. If more doctors followed his lead, there wouldn't be such a health crisis in Austin. He is the only great doctor, I have met in the 30 years that I have lived in Austin. I speak these words truthfully, with all due respect. He is a good doctor and friend.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2008

When we went to see Dr. Stroud he made a derogatory comment about her Medicare Part C insurance plan during the exam. Even if she was a millionaire she couldn’t get another insurance carrier because of a serious health condition. We are very happy with our insurance company and did not appreciate his comments. We felt that those comments were very unprofessional of him, similar to your plumber giving out tax advice. She sees a lot of doctors and we find many are up to date with the new changes in Medicare however; many are either confused about or stubborn to accept the new changes. We like Dr. Stroud and will continue to see him as long as he accepts our insurance.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2007

Be prepared to wait over an hour after your scheduled appointment time. This is the regular "M.O." for Dr. Stroud. I believe he must overbook. I wish I could say it was because he spends a great deal of in depth time with his patients, but that isn't the case. It seems as though he chases the older crowd. Not that I am that old, but take a look around the waiting room. I believe this is due to the ease of booking an appointment with us every 3 months (if we need it or not). He doesn't even seem to add much to the visit other than just walking in the room and asking the old standby questions. Take it from me, stay clear of this one! He definitely isn't worth the hour plus wait!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2006

Dr. Robert L. Stroud's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1974)

Commercial Insurance Company