Ratings for Dr. Fredrick W. Weisensee

Dr. Fred Weisensee has been my doctor for nearly the entire time he has worked in Corvallis. He is always polite, kind, friendly, smiling, and has been correct in diagnosing each of my ailments. He is more than a talented physician to me; he is a friend whom I look forward to seeing as he is genuinely interested in my state of health and my well-being. His pleasant demeanor with accurate medical advice and guidance, assure me I am most fortunate; and I will choose to remain his patient, with gratitude. I know that when I will have been in his office, we will have had a few laughs together, and he will have encouraged me both in my physical health and in spirit having given me excellent medical advice. I am totally confident in his medical care and that's based on past experiences with my appointments with him! G. T.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

I like Dr. Weisensee a lot. He is always courteous, friendly and thorough. I can sort of see how some of his patients might have been miffed by his anti-smoking (and, in my case, anti-drinking) "lectures," but I'm guessing his wry sense of humor may have been taken poorly by some. He is intelligent, thorough, thoughtful, and sometimes in error (like everyone), but always seems to have my best interests at heart, and quick to refer me to others if there are any questions about my health that are beyond his specialties. A good guy and a great doctor (and I've had many during my treatments for cancer and hepatitis).

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

This doctor is rude, callous and judgemental. He has made serious mistakes in the past with treatment and medications.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2010

as a long term diabetic I found him as not willing to lisen to my concerns or ask about my diet before telling me what i had to do. I stopped seeing him after he would not send me to a specals for my diabits.-

flag | Submitted February 14, 2010

I saw Dr. W four years ago for a short period of time. My experiences with him were mixed. He did not hesitate to refer me to specialists and he seemed genuinely interested in helping me with my health issues. However, after it turned out that his initial diagnosis was not correct, his manner changed. In subsequent visits he seemed genuinely unable to consider other possible diagnoses. At my last appointment, he ended the visit quite abruptly. His "bedside manner" left quite a lot to be desired.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Weisensee for nearly 7 years now and for all of my chronic health problems I think he does a very good job. He takes the time to listen and will recommend specialists freely if he feels it is necessary. If I had any complaints, I would have to say that he is booked 2 months out in most cases and he harps about not smoking, which for the record I HAVE tried and ALL of my friends tell me to start again because I turn into a pretty mean person...this after even 6 months of not smoking when I would think all of my addiction and habit should have ended. When my mother was VERY ill with cancer, he even saw her without having seen her ever before and got her in the same day and got her involved in Hospice by the next day with all of the medications to make her last days comfortable. Overall I recommend him with confidence.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

I am so shocked at what I read here since he was my doctor when I was in SE Portland and he worked in Clackamas. I cried for days when he moved to Corvallis because I didn't think I would ever find another doctor as caring and efficient as he was. I now live south of Eugene so having him as my doctor isn't even thinkable but I have always held him in great regard and as the standard that I measured other doctors by. I am saddened to see that perhaps things have not gone too well for him and that he has possibly lost his "edge".

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008

flag | Submitted November 20, 2007

I honestly think this man means well, but he has a lot of personal issues that get in the way. I have a friend who was also once his patient...she has often made comments similar to those made by the second person who rated him. I understand he has a beautiful plant nursery.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2007

I ended up going to Dr. Weisensee because he was the only physican that was available to me at that time. I stayed because I didnt want to change in the middle of being treated for a chronic illness. This was the worst decision I could have made. My experience was by far the worst experience I have had with a doctor in my entire life. He didnt care and treated me like I was a bother. Got so bad that I had to start taking a family member to my visits because I was so shocked at his behavior. To my relief my family reassured me that it was not me. When you are chronically ill you want a physicial that has your best interest in mind. This was not my experience with this doctor. My advice is protect yourself and do indepth research about your physician BEFORE you become ill. A physican of such poor quality will only make your illness prolonged and put you at risk. I absolutely do not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2007

Dr. Fredrick W. Weisensee's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Corvallis, OR