Ratings for Dr. Susan M. Mazzei

I went for a routine cleaning on May 8th. She and her hygenist put some gauze around my lower right molar to stop some bleeding. Two days later I had pain in that same molar and called for an appointment. Her diagnosis was a crack that needed a crown replacement, so a crown prep was down the next day, followed by a temporary crown the following evening. I was told to call the next morning to report any pain. Well, I called to report SEVERE pain along with swelling along the right side of my jaw line and left a message; I had to call again that afternoon when I did not hear from her office -- at 6:40 pm, the office called to refer me to an endodonist and also informed me that the office would be closed for six days. The next morning I called the endodonist and luckily got an appointment that afternoon. They successfully performed a root canal in the lower right molar. I went to immediate care 36 hours later due to continued pain and swelling -- the doctor immediately noticed the swelling and order a CT -- it turns out that I had an infection and was prescribed antibiotics and a pain reliever. I emailed Dr. Mazzei and informed her of the events. Her response: she thought the endodontist referred me to an oral surgeon for tooth extraction! She also apologized, but did not inquire if I was okay or how I was feeling. Obviously, she misdiagnosed my problem, caused an inflection and did not have follow-up contact with the endodonist office. A horrible experience with extremely bad service!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I had in appointment on Thursday February 5th 2015 at 3:50 so I get there real early because I had to fill out some paper work, and there was two patients in front of me witch was ok so now the time is 4:00 and I'm still waiting to be seen, and two more patients come in and one was seen right away he was probe 12 years old and then a third patients came in so now they called the next patient and then they call the last guy that walked in the door and I'm still waiting to be called so now the time is 4:30 and they finely called my name if I didn't really need to see a dentist so bad I probe would have left at 4:00 so now I'm waiting in the room. Dr. Mazzei finely shows up at 4:50pm and she took some dental floss and cleaned out my tooth that was hurting and then she tell me I have a tooth that needs to be filled "BUT SHE CANT DO IT BECASUSE SHE HAS A FLIGHT TO CATCH AT 7:00 AND TO COME BACK ANOTHER TIME TO HAVE HER FILL IT". so now I go to check out and they charged me $98 and on top of all that my tooth is still hurting what the he** what kind of dentist is this I have never been to a dentist that treats patients like this. NOT Good for business good luck to any new patients that go to her...

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Had to get two older crowns replaced: she was wonderful, went above & beyond to ensure the color/style was a perfect match. She's also really, really gentle and somehow managed to inject anesthesia without the pain normally associated with the shot. She's basically a magician.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

SHE IS AMAZING!!! I AM SOOOO AFRAID OF THE DENTIST BUT I NEVER FELT ANY PAIN AT ALL WHEN SHE WORKED ON MY TEETH

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Dr. Mazzei is always prompt. She is very knowledgeable. She does not overtreat. She is painfree.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

Dr Mazzei is the best dentist I have ever gone to in my life! She is honest and I recommend her to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

Dr. Mazzei and her dental hygenist Sheryl are always very friendly and attentive to my needs. If I need to reschedule an appointment, the staff are always very understanding and helpful in working around my busy work schedule. Very knowledgeable and friendly practice.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2009