Ratings for Dr. David V. Tuckman

Had my carpal tunnel surgery with Dr Tuckman 2 months ago. Surgery was no big deal and the recovery was easy. Dr Tuckman was easy to get a hold of on the phone and answered my questions. Great result.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

My daughter badly cut her finger and there was bone in the wound and tendon damage. Dr. Tuckman came in to the ER at night instead of having the resident sew it up. He was kind and made sure her finger was numb before starting. He explained the problem and the outcome and talked her through the repair. He has been excellent in followup, taking time to show her the right exercises and to talk to her OT. Her finger is healing well. Very talented and very pleasant bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Dr Tuckman is fast but that's because he gets it right. He did my rotator cuff surgery and my broken finger. Both turned out great. The office is crazy busy- because he's that good. Best hand and shoulder surgeon around.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I cut multiple tendons in my wrist in an accident and another doctor fixed it, but it was no good. Dr. Tuckman was able to diagnose my problem and operated on my wrist again. My function is perfect. He is quick because he is smart, and did an amazing job.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I had surgery on my left wrist performed by Dr TUCKMAN in Dec 2011 It was the 4th surgery on that wrist and definitely the most successful My right wrist is now heavily arthritic and probably needs surgery at some point I would absolutely have him do the job

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

I have visited Dr. Tuckman on 3 occasions (1 for me and 1 with a follow up visit for my daughter) going in each time with an open mind, and having the same unprofessional and upsetting experience at each. Dr. Tuckman was curt, rude, condescending and did not adequately explain diagnosis, procedures or remedies. He yelled at me when I flinched while attempting to get a cortisone shot, about which he offered a completely inadequate explanation as to what to what it was and what to expect; I ultimately left without the shot. I brought my 11 year old to him for her wrist which was fractured as this is his area of "expertise"; again he was of little help beyond having someone (who was wonderful) put a cast on, and at the follow up visit she left in tears. We had returned a year after the break as she was having a great deal of pain and discomfort; after looking at an X-ray he basically told her that if it hurts to stop playing volleyball - a sport she adores. When I tried to extract more information he laughed at me and addressed me as if I were a complete imbecile. He was arrogant and completely unhelpful, causing me to have to seek an alternate doctor. The facility itself is great with helpful staff and moderate wait time; Dr. Tuckman however, in my opinion, is a detriment and embarrassment to the medical profession and exhibits no respect, compassion or care for his patients. Thankfully, there are many other capable and caring orthopedists to choose from.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

After Dr. Tuckman saw me for my mallot finger his staff (at his advice) put my finger in a cast. The cast was removed after 6 weeks when I visited Dr. Tuckman for the follow up visit he requested. He removed the cast and when he saw my finger still hanging and drooping he explained that this is about what I should expect. I am now being seen by an MD at HSS in Manhattan - after being told (by the staff at HSS) that 6 weeks is not recommended for this injury - but always 8 weeks. I now have a proper cast and am seeing an MD who is trying to help me avoid surgery. I would recommend locating a different MD. I felt that he was not as caring as a doctor should be. Advising a patient that this is the best that can be expected is not the same attitude exemplified at HSS with the medical professionals who are treating me now. Better luck to you with a different medical professional.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Perfect example of a cookie cutter medical office. Prompt and efficient, reception and assistants Rush you in and out and can't even look up at your face to see if you are male or female when requesting the rest room. Dr Tuckman showed no interest in my son's situation. Glad we saw a physical therapist who really cared and is trying to help before we came.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Went to the Hicksville office today. The office is immaculate, the staff was friendly & efficient, and Dr. Tuckman was wonderful. He came across very kind & knowledgeable. He told me what my options were and was perfectly fine with me deciding to think things over before I go to the last resort of surgery. This was a very positive experience & I would highly recommend Dr. Tuckman.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Sorry to those who didn't have a good experience but he did a great job on my kids wrist surgery and my hand and knee - although he was jam packet, he took his time with us, answered all our questions but more importantly, medical treatment was stellar! I did not find him the least bit cold like a few said

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Dr. David V. Tuckman's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1998)

• BCBS Massachusetts