Ratings for Dr. James Ervine

I agree with the reviews below, my girlfriend has been a client for many years and his level of service and care has gone downhill drastically. His wife (the receptionist) is rude, does not do paperwork on time, and gets angry when told that the paperwork we were supposed to receive months ago, didn't get forwarded. Ervine is a friendly guy, but now not detailed enough, he's quick to jump to conclusions as to what is wrong with you and there is no follow-up.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2018

As many others have written, do not expect much from this doctor or his clinic. I agree that he used to be good, but he and his wife are clearly just in it for the money now and I suspect they're trying to milk every last dollar before they get out. Heaven forbid you are less than a perfect person - don't bother going to see Ervine if you smoke, drink or have any kind of addiction issue. As a former addiction doctor you would think he would have some understanding of these kind of issues , but instead you'll be treated like complete garbage and a lesser citizen. The only cases he is interested in are the quick easy ones where he can tell you some fable or old wives tale and prescribe a back rub from your significant other. Unfortunately he won't care about any of these reviews or his reputation because he doesn't have to. It's impossible to find a doctor these days and he knows it. My family and I have been treated like garbage by them for the last time. Even if we have to join a private facility we will do so rather than have to listen to any more of Ervine's sanctimonious BS.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

I don't think anyone deserves to be treated, especially by a medical centre, the way you get treated here by the receptionist. Learn customer service woman! Although I've heard stories about this place, we gave it a go. They seem to me like they've had enough and doing a final cash run before retiring. Not worth it!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

One of the worst experiences you'll get in your life, seeing this doctor and putting up with his wife who's the receptionist. She thinks she's above all - I know doctors are far and few in Vancouver, but this one is not worth it. We have had too many bad experiences here to write.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Thought he was good in the past. Things have changed since he moved. Four day weeks and and no coverage for holidays long periods of time off and no coverage. No connection with pharmacists, hard to reach office by phone. Rude message on answer machine. Long waits in waiting room. Receptionist is often quite absurd.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Our family has been very fortunate to have Dr. Ervine over the past years since he moved to the Tri Cities. He has gone above and beyond in many situations including calling us personally to follow up on emergency situations. Because he treats a number of members of our family, he understands family histories but he and Krissy have always maintained our privacy and we have developed solid relationships with both of them. Dr.’s and health professionals deal with so much daily with our over burdened health system, and his MOA’s job is to set boundaries so that the office runs. Yes, you will wait, and yes it’s hard to get appointments at times but if you know that, plan for it. So many people do not have family Dr.’s and so many Dr.’s do not make the time to get to know their patients. We are so very, very lucky to have Dr. Ervine. He helps us to manage our health and take better care of ourselves.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

Receptionist is very rude. Customer service lady. Learn it.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Dr Ervine is a FANTASTIC doctor. He literally saved my lives from when I walked into his office. His wife , who is the receptionist, is nice to deal with and has always gotten me in for an appointment. People need to be patient, doctors don't work on an exact schedule.

Submitted November 9, 2017

Get rid of your recptionist - She is not very pleasant with patients. Dr. Ervine should remember to work and be couteous to other medical professionals. Not answering calls from pharmacists is very stressful to patients who are waiting to receive their medications.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Dr. Ervine’s wife is his M0A. She can be very rude and short when she talks to patients. Dr. Erving very seldom is on time and never once apologizes for keeping a patient waiting. He complains to you if your medical problem takes over ten minutes and will tell you about the extra time. He gives the feeling that he is in a hurry with you. He will not speak to a pharmacist or give out his email address. He acts like he is somewhat stressed out.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017