Dr. Gary H. Goldman

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Gary H. Goldman

Hands down the best! I am so grateful for meeting Dr. Goldman. He has changed my life. His approach to functional medicine has given me terrific results. Dr. Gary provided so much time reviewing my results and gave a simple and easy plan to follow and I feel cured. I have energy again and am back to feeling good. I am so blessed for having Dr. Goldman as my Dr. Thanks Dr. Goldman Evan B.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Dr. Gary H. Goldman

Dr. Gary H. Goldman's response
Thank you for your kindness, Evan. It has been a pleasure working with men again as I have expanded the scope of my practice. Thank you for enlisting me as your physician.

Submitted September 5, 2018

I feel so fortunate to have found Dr. Goldman. He is not only a highly skilled physician and surgeon, he also has the best bedside manner. He is empathetic and he also has a wealth of knowledge about functional medicine, which he readily shared with me.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Amazing experience !!! First time in my life seeing in Doctor perfect combination of professionalism, high expertise combined with deep and beautiful soul. Coming to his office brights up my day and elevate my mood.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. Goldman gave me my life and I mean that in more ways than one. After many Doctors and specialists trying to find out what was wrong with my pain. Dr. Goldman was baffled, but didn't stop there... he went the extra mile and brought my case to a conference and threw it out on the table for discussion. The end result they would start treating me for microscopic endometriosis. Not only did my pain become more manageable, but because of the hormone feedback, my life was given back to me...there was obviously a hormonal problem that for years we attributed to depression. My therapist and I were like..."can she be on this the rest of her life?" I cannot thank Dr. Goldman, nor do anything for him, in any way which would compare what he has given me.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

I didn't think I could have my son naturally being 5'2 and 100 lbs, but thanks to Dr. Goldman, I did! My son was 8 lbs 13 oz, very handsome and healthy :) Though I don't live in NYC anymore (Austin is my home now), Dr. Gary Goldman will always be the best OBGYN to me. My sister is visiting NYC this week and she's very pregnant!!! I just gave her Dr. Goldman's #s, just in case :)

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

When Dr. Goldman first started out in 1992, he was available and present all the time. I have noticed that in the past few years, he is missing more births and having other doctors cover. Most gyn-ob's work in a a practice so that if one doctor is away, a familiar doctor is covering. Because Dr. Goldman is a solo ob/gyn, a strange doctor will end up delivering. I understand that doctor's need their own life, but for 15K, I would like a doctor I know doing my C-section.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2012

Of the three people I know who have used him, he's only shown up at the hospital to deliver one of their babies. He's regularly late for appointments, and he charges an extra $1000 for his first appointment which isn't included in his 15k fee, but you won't find out about this charge until the end of the first appointment. Thorough fact-checking of several pieces of information that he communicated to us during my wife's pregnancy revealed that he didn't know what he was talking about--either that or he was intentionally misleading. He won't let a pregnancy go past 41 weeks and he's quick to perform C-sections. The weekend we had our baby, which he didn't deliver, 4 out of his 5 patients that weekend resulted in C-secions--my wife was the 5th. Bottom line: not to be trusted.

Submitted March 20, 2012

Dr. Goldman is the BEST doctor ever to treat me. I have been going to him for over 20 years. He has performed 3 laparoscopies on me for various issues and all went well( I have no navel scaring to boot!). He is incredibly patient and kind, takes his time with you and clearly explains everything and is extremely competent. He is pricey and there is usually a bit of a wait(like i said, He takes his time with patients) but he is worth it.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

Dr Goldman is the best dr I have ever had he is extremely gentle Kind and soft spoken he makes you feel like your his only patient his staff is so helpfull warmhearted and extremely helpful

flag | Submitted December 23, 2010

Dr. Goldman helped me through one of the most traumatic times of my life. Thoroughly professional, yet compassionate. In addition to his excellent medical knowledge, he is a great listener, and a patient teacher - extremely valuable traits in a doctor, especially when things go badly, which they did for me. I will be forever grateful to him.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

Dr. Gary H. Goldman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Gary H. Goldman M.D. is dedicated to providing women with compassionate and skilled Gynecologic and Integrative Women's Healthcare in an environment that encourages a strong patient-physician relationship. Our practice specializes in the individualized care of each of our patients. We spend the appropriate time to address every patient's particular concerns. All aspects of gynecology are available, including: advanced laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery, menopause management, endometriosis and chronic pelvic pain, infertility, office sonography and colposcopy, as well as routine gynecologic care. Our integrative approach to women's health incorporates nutritional and supplement advising and total health guidance. Our goal is to combine the latest medical research, years of clinical experience and knowledge of your particular health in order to provide comprehensive care to both young and mature women. Dr. Goldman graduated from the University of Rochester with a Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience as well as a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy. He then attended medical school at the State University of New York at Stony Brook where he earned his M.D with Distinction in Research and was elected to the national medical college honor society, Alpha Omega Alpha. He received his training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at The New York Hospital – Cornell Medical Center as a resident from 1986 – 1990, served as Chief Resident in his final year, and has remained at that institution thereafter. Since its merger with Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in 1998, it is now known as New York Presbyterian Hospital- Weill Cornell Medical College. U.S. News and World Report ranks one of the top ten hospitals in the nation.

• English

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1986)
  • University of Rochester (Grad. 1981)
  • Weill Medical College Cornell University (Grad. 1990)

• Menopause
  • Endometriosis
  • Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
  • Uterine fibroids
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women
  • Female sexual dysfunction
  • Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
  • Vaginitis
  • Urinary tract infection (UTI)
  • Pap smear
  • Colposcopy
  • Ovarian cysts
  • BRCA gene test for breast and ovarian cancer risk
  • Infertility