Ratings for Dr. James E. Tozzi

Excellent, caring professional who speaks in everyday words not medical jargon, and strives to make sure all he says is completely understood by the patient and their companion. I had back surgery for two herniated disks in June 2002. I followed his post op instructions to the letter and have not had any pain since. I elected to have the surgery AFTER he made it clear I was not in an required surgery condition and he would work with me as long as needed for pain management and pointed out no surgery came with guarantees. WOW! A completely honest doctor! A very warm easy to talk with doctor who listens well AND remembers even little things. I traveled from Northern VA to see him and would do so again.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

The rudest doctor that ever existed. If he can't do surgery on you he doesn't think anything is wrong with you. Please seek a second option.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

I went to Dr. Tozzi in October 2009 for a second opinion regarding hip replacement, and also to get feedback regarding his hospital - a huge teaching center. Once he reconfirmed my diagnosis and need for the surgery, I asked him whether he could give me reasons why his hospital would be a better choice for me than the decent community hospital that was much closer to where I lived. (I was already comfortable with the doctor I chose there.) He was very honest in telling me that unless I had significant other medical problems which could complicate my situation, I would probably be just as well served my the local hospital. I really appreciated that. The man is a very warm and comforting doctor, patient and paternal (in a nice way.) If you prefer a more briskly professional, "just the facts, ma'am" approach, maybe you don't get that until the day of surgery.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

Replaced both hips and did a great job. Spends as much time as necessary at office appointments and explains every question you might have. An excellant experience, can't praise him enough.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

I had both hips joints replaced and after recovering from that I had both knees replaced by Dr. Tozzi. I had been bedridden prior to the surgeries. I am now able to walk without aid of even a cane. Through Dr. Tozzi's work and a wonderful recovery period I am able to walk again.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2008

Great surgeon and takes time to explain everything.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2008