Ratings for Dr. Ida Gallo

Had Dr Gallo for many years..thought she was ok too... I wrote my review, so that others ,wouldnt have to face the same or worse ,consequences. I was also, very patient..endured the long waits etc too... Without ever complaining..sometimes hours more . Trust me she doesnt "hear" you &if you dont like her decisions...she will out you and send u on numerous appt trips..to the point of exhaustion . .but later , turn it back on you! Your choice folks! Theres 2 sides to every story..i choose not to remain silent.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

The best money spent was when I transferred my file out of Dr. Gallo's office! The service I receive from my new Doctor and the staff, is amazing and I wish I had done this move much sooner. Anyway I'm very happy now and I have absolutely no regrets of having made this move. Probably best decision I've made in a long time.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Wait times are ridiculous and she barely glances at you before 'diagnosing' you and moving on to her next patient

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Gallo for many years and my experiences with her have only gotten worse. Last year I was complaining of internal pain and I was fainting multiple times weekly. I had many appointments with her regarding this issue, and she did schedule me for one blood test after I insisted something was wrong. The blood test came back negative for anything, however I kept insisting I needed other tests. She told me that "some people are just fainters, you need to learn to deal with it." After a couple months of begging, she gave me a requisition for an ultrasound. The results came back and I had an 'unidentified object' behind my uterus. Turns out my IUD had migrated inside me and punctured part of my uterus! She still wouldn't schedule a follow up ultrasound for 6 months as it "looked like it was healing anyway" despite the fact that it was quite likely the metal object could puncture something else. This lead to an unplanned pregnancy, and as the IUD was still inside me I had to have x-rays to locate it forcing an abortion. If only she had listened to me months earlier! Recently I have been complaining of trouble breathing and losing my hearing and she again insisted nothing was wrong with me, just year round allergies (but refused to send me to an allergist to identify them). I got a second opinion and Dr. Wong immediately gave me a referral to an ENT. Turns out I have major sinus issues, and I desperately need my tonsils out as well. I still haven't been angry enough to write a review (I've been seeing Dr. Wong instead of her for my appointments, but am more comfortable with Gallo for PAP tests), until I just called and spoke with Loni at reception. Turns out Dr. Gallo had acknowledged that I had a pap test last April, however didn't file anything about it. Didn't say that I was fine, didn't say that I had cervical cancer (which runs in my family), just failed to file any kind of medical report at all. How very very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

After many years of pain, bleeding and begging to get a referral to a gynecologist, I finally went to another doctor for a second opinion. I discovered that I was severely anemic and was quickly referred to a gynecologist where I discovered I'd been living with PCOS for many years. This could have been and should have been treated and dealt with. I begged for help and was brushed off and told that there was nothing wrong with me. When I was finally properly diagnosed, I burst into tears at the relief of knowing and have had tremendous success with all the new physicians and specialists I've gone to see. The difference in care only highlights how unhappy I was for so many years with Dr. Gallo.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I love Dr. Gallo, but the waiting time is a bit ridiculous every time. All my visits, I had to wait at least 30 minutes outside, and another 20 or so inside a room. Seems to be no point to actually arriving in time if I am expecting to wait an hour anyway. But the doctor is very helpful, empathetic, and cares about my mom. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I have never had an appt cancelled. She listens to me and has been my doctor for 19 years

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Excellent Doctor. Very kind, caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Worst doctor ever. Won't give anesthesia for childbirth. Forces you to go through pain. This woman is sick and almost killed me and my child. Question all her interventions because most times they are not nessicary and she wants to speed up your birth for her own selfish needs. She abuses people then accuses them of having depression when he yells at people! Told me to shut up in labour too. Worst doctor ever if you have her please get a new doctor and save yourself the pain and trauma from dealing with this horrible woman.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

DR gallo disregarded my concern for diabetes symptoms which runs in my family. She gave me a prickt est in her office and said my blood sugar is a bit low, but in a normal range. That wasn't enough for me, I wanted a proper blood glucose test. I went to another dr. And she referred me to get my blood glucose tested. The new dr called me back into her office and it turns out my symptoms were because of reactive hypoglycaemia and she's amazed I didn't pass out during the test because my sugar levels became so low. Thank goodness I switched to a new dr who takes my concerns seriously and will always run a test for me! Every experience was like pulling teeth to get any concerns addressed.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015