Ratings for Dr. Lucy S. Heo

Dr. Heo saw me for the first (and only) time when my regular gynecologist wasn't available and I was having spotting during my first pregnancy. Dr. Heo called me from the waiting room into the hallway-- no, she didn't even allow me into an exam room. Without even introducing herself (still standing in the hallway) she handed me paperwork for an ultrasound and sent me off to have it done, warning me not to eat or drink anything because I would probably have to get a D&C that day. Out of the blue. We had not discussed my condition other than me saying I was having spotting-- this was my first pregnancy and I was terrified. The ultrasound tech said she couldn't definitively see the baby because I also have fibroids, and called Dr. Heo to see if I could drink water to fill the bladder & help her see more clearly. Heo told her no & to send me back for the D&C procedure. I left the hospital in tears. I would not recommend Dr. Heo to any woman for compassion or care.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

Every time I come out of the office, I feel stressed out. I get nothing but bad news and no concrete answers to my questions. I was sent to my primary but there was nothing he can do because he had zero paperwork or lab results. Another wasted appointment. Bedside manner is cold and distant.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Had a really bad experience and have found another doctor. Given misguided information about a serious medical issue. Compassionate doctor but very competent.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

Dr. Heo is adequate as a doctor, but her office is completely incompetent. Her office ordered my wife to get a routine ultrasound and blood test but it turns out that they sent her to the incorrect hospital. What's more, they failed to write a formal referral. Now we are stuck with medical bills in excess of $1,000 that insurance will not pay due to their administrative error. We don't have the resources to pay this bill so as a result our credit will be ruined for years. What's worse is that her office has failed to take any responsibility for this situation or provide assistance in any way. Instead, they turn around and blame us for their mistake. This behavior is abhorrent. Our advice: stay far away from this doctor's office. After all, if you cannot rely on your doctor to take care of the simplest and most routine paperwork, how can you have any faith that the doctor will competently care for your health or the health of your child?

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010