Ratings for Dr. Michael H. Gold

Horrible experience much like others below. Please read these reviews before visiting this physician.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

The comments are TRUE regarding this man. Rude, arrogant, unhelpful, etc. He dismissed my concerns, would not prescribe a simple antibiotic for my rash, (I later went to a real Dr. who helpfully prescribed the generic of Doryx..rash went away in 4 days). Was more than happy to keep me waiting for 45 minutes and take my $100. Rude to his staff also and actually tried to sell me a laser package at his spa next door. I am AMAZED that this guy is still in business. Then the staff got me confused with another patient.

Submitted March 6, 2015

He a a total jerk. A long wait. He was rude and abusive to his staff. Fast and unpleasant. I guess he has to make as much money as he can the first time because he knows you wont be back

Submitted March 1, 2015

Great place, they made my skin look so nice and smooth, thank you so much!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

I don't feel comfortable going to a doctor that yells at his employees and treats his patients like numbers. I used to go to the Laser Center for my cosmetic needs but not anymore. The Laser staff has had so much turnover that there must be a revolving door there. It was much better when they had Amy, Kristi, Jennifer, and Susan. I have since found another location for my cosmetic needs!!! I would suggest that you do as well!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

Do Not Go To Dr. Gold!!!!! The first time I went to him for acne he was pretty attentive and actually looked at my face. He prescribed me a few things... they never really took care of it and every follow up appointment since he has been exactly like everyone else says. He's so rude and short with you, he literally makes you feel like you don't even deserve to be there. I think he was just nice the first visit so I would come back. About a year ago I went again for some weird spots on my skin and what I thought might be a tiny wart on my finger. I never saw Gold but the other woman doctor told me she had no idea what was on my skin and didn't think it would go away. she also froze my wart and it became huge and STILL hasn't gone away. All Dr. Gold cares about is money. What ever happened to doctors wanting to help people? It makes me mad that arrogant people like this can succeed when good hard working people just get stepped on.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

Dr. Gold is rude and does not care about his patients. Gave the impression that he just could not be bothered.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2010

I went to Dr. Gold because I was told he was the best in the area to deal with my difficult skin condition. Other dematologists I went to would spend at least 15-20 minutes with me to ask me questions about the issues and look at my skin. He didn't ask me any questions, looked at just one part of my skin for about 3 seconds and rattled off a "diagnosis" that was given to me by another doctor that didn't help the problem at all. When I tried to inform him of this, I was told that is what it was and if I wasn't happy with his diagnosis to go someplace else and he left the room. I sat in there for 20 more minutes by myself until a nurse came in and rudely said "I didn't know you were still here. He is done with you. You can go now." I walked out completely baffled at what had just happened! Plus, he charged my insurance over $300 for NOTHING, not even a prescription for a cream or anything! AVOID THIS QUACK!!!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

After reading these comments, I feel very fortunate that I never actually met with Dr. Gold. The doctor's PA was nice and answered my questions about acne treatment. However, my first impression of the place came from the staff at the front desk, who were very rude. This was the case at every visit, which I just accepted as normal over time. I also had a facial at the med spa. Great experience. My last visit was in 2004.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

Dr. Michael H. Gold's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1985)