Ratings for Dr. Bani A. Sarma

Dr. Sarma lacks the knowledge, integrity, and care necessary to be an effective physician. During my first (and only, might I add) visit, she demonstrated no interest in my condition. Her tone was condescending and patronizing, and her exam was rushed, lacking thoroughness and professionalism. I have since filed formal complaints.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

Probably the worst OBGYN experience I have ever had. I was 5 weeks pregnant and started bleeding. I repeatedly called her office for me to come in to figure out what was going on as it wa any first pregnancy and they completely refused to see me and asked me to wait until my scheduled appointment (1 week later). I kept calling because My bleeding wouldn’t stop and the nurse told me that if I’m bleeding then I’m probably miscarrying and it’ll just bleed out. I called my sister in laws obgyn (in another state) who told me the best thing to do was an ultrasound .. so I called her office YET again when the nurse told me to go to the ER If it was that bad. Upon getting to the ER and getting an ultrasound I found out that the baby was completely fine and even had a heartbeat. The doctor and her office were a nightmare especially because they told me an UNTRUE diagnosis over the PHONE and completely freaked me out during my FIRST pregnancy.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

very dismissive to the point of refusing to offer answers to your questions or clarification of her suggestions. feels like she tries to push you into procedures without explaining her reasoning or providing you with alternative options. if she stays in the room with you more than ten minutes, you're lucky!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Sarma for 9 years and have to say she is a fabulous doctor and very intelligent. She is kind, compassionate, and extremely easy to speak with. Her knowledge and professionalism are amazing. I have zero reservations in recommending her to any woman.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

This doctor SUCKS! I HATE HER. Ask her if she actually attended a medical school and learnt anything from it?! she should just stay home and forget the medical business. she is in for the money, not patient health!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr Sarma was our ObGyn for 2 pregnancies one during 2010 and other during 2014. During both these times she exhibited superior professionalism and utilized expert skills. She was more than just a doctor and more like a caring family member. My wife's 2nd pregnancy was a bit complicated and she did everything she needs to to ensure that we will have a successful outcome and we did indeed have an excellent outcome resulting in a beautiful and healthy baby girl. She is a very busy doctor and Delaware Valley OBGYN is a very successful organization. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

I am about 18 weeks pregnant and I have been going to Dr. Sarma up until this point. She is ALWAYS late, has absolutely NO knowledge on any tests, tries to spent 5 minutes or less on each patient visit, and has NO concern whatsoever for the patient. Please DO NOT go to her! She has stressed me more than anything during this pregnancy and I am switching doctors ASAP. Till date, she has NOT attended a single ultrasound of mine! She has no interest besides making money by suggesting additional testing - that's all she is good at.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

Dr. Sarma has always been phenomenal. When my previous physician stopped practicing, I was devastated and not at all happy about finding another ob/gyn. Fortunately, Dr. Sarma is the best. She is patient, empathetic and professional. The staff is helpful, and the nurse, Joyce, is also excellent. There's a lot more to medicine than writing scripts; bedside (table side!) manner is very important, especially if there is an issue. Dr. Sarma gets my vote every time. It's true that waiting time is often prolonged, but once she's there, she takes the time required. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

I've seen Dr. Sarma two times. The first time I waited for an hour. When she arrived found her rude and pushy, more so, she had her own agenda she pushed and was patronizing when I tried to explain what I wanted. I went back a second time because I need a procedure right away and didn't have time to wait for an appointment with another doctor. I should gone elsewhere. I waited again for an hour. And again, I felt that my experiences and preferences were of no interest. She kept pushing the DaVinci robotic surgery. I explained my insurance was limited, but she said it was the best option. I later found that there were more options and DaVinci was the more expensive one. Again, it was about her agenda.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

Not recommended.always mid wife's will attend instead of her visit,even though u choose doctor.they charge as specialists. I never seen this type of unprofessional doctor with no human values. Mid wife grace is very very very rude.she wont make u comfortable she will scare u at the time of delivary.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012