Ratings for Dr. Richard Lapp

Unfortunately, this is the only oral surgeon in our region who accepted state insurance. We waited hours for each visit, and there were not enough seats. After my 17-yr old son's wisdom teeth were removed, I was asked to collect him at a door in the outside hallway. My son was literally pushed out the door because he was still feeling the affects from anesthesia. His mouth was bleeding and his teeth were covered in blood as there was no gauze in his mouth. When I pointed out all the blood, they shoved tissues in his mouth and shut the door. It is no surprise he ended up with dry socket, and we had to return. Fortunately, my daughter got a referral to Ohio State. It was a much better experience there, and she did not get a dry socket.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

My husband went to see Dr. Lapp to have his wisdom teeth out and he messed him up so badly. He was overdoses on valum, left tooth fragments in his mouth and gauze. He does not remember anyting up to 3 days after the surg due to the overdose and he ended up bleeding and being infected 2 weeks after and had to go to another dentist and have 2 of the teeth done again. It was awful and the worst part was he hit a nerve and its been over 5 yrs now and still no feeling on the right side of his face. Please what ever you do, pass it along, do not go to lapp, he is horrible and has a bad reputation. I know of atleast 10 others who have had the same problme. Dont trust him, he would never let me go into the room with my husband, why, what did he have to hide.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

The wait in his office is so long. 2 hours just for the consultation then the day of my surgery for wisdom teeth I waited 4 hours just to go back to the room. they didn't put gauze on the left side of my mouth, and nicked the nerve in my jaw. They told me it would be 2-6 months before the tingling will go away. a week after surgery and I still have problems. I never seen dr lapp, I can't even tell you what he looks like. This was a horrible experience! Even after I woke up from the surgery I was in more pain then I was going into the surgery. I do not recommend this doctor, at all. Stay away!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2010

When I first went to see Lapp, I was surprised at the amount of people in his office. There were not enough chairs and people were sitting on the floor. I waited for nearly 2 hours and had to leave without seeing him due to work. I found another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2009

50 year old male TERRIFIED of dentists. Had avoid having wisdom teeth removed for 30 years, until I could not live with them any longer. Found office staff to be extremely professional, polite and reassuring. Every promise was honored. Experience was amazingly painless, smooth, punctual and kind. I would highly recommend Dr. Lapp. His experience and skill enabled him to completely remove all roots without impacting sinus cavities. He started the IV for general anesthisia on first attempt--no small feat with my vein structure. When I say this was a painless experience, I mean just that!!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2007

I came to this doctor to have my widsom teeth removed. From the moment I walked through the door, I was treated promptly and very courtiously. The doctor took the time to explain the procedure to me and ease my fears. I was sedated for my surgery and it was the most pleasant experience I have ever had in a dental office. When I woke up after the surgery, I was very comfortable and my recovery at home afterward went very well. I had a little soreness as I expected, but the pain meds kept me comfortable. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone in need of oral surgery. He is a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007

When I had severe TMJ pain, I went, of my own accord, to see Dr. Lapp for his advice. He suggested surgery right away. Didn't even offer any alternatives. Oh, and this was after I waited for an hour and a half in his waiting room after my appointment time. He didn't make any acknowledgment of the extraordinary wait time, much less an apology for it. When I told my regular dentist about my visit with Dr. Lapp, his expression said it all. He tactfully explained that I should really get a second opinion, because Dr. Lapp had a reputation for taking the surgical route in most cases, regardless of whether or not there might be an alternative. I followed that advice. The periodontist I went to next suggested that I try massage therapy on my shoulders, neck, and jaw area. Again, I followed this advice. While it took several months of treatments, I was finally cured of the TMJ pain. I am so grateful that I didn't jump at Dr. Lapp's hurry-up-and-cut solution.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2007

I had a bad experience with wisdom tooth removal, and was aware of what was going on during some of the surgery. I was in more pain after waking up from the anesthesia than I was after having three c-sections. They just kind of sent me on my way immediatly. It was a veryscary experience. I called them the next day upset and crying and they just said I must have been dreaming. I asked that the surgeon call me and atleast talk to me about* it and he never did. Not to mention waiting in the waiting room 4 hours before I even got into my appointment. It was horrible.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2006