Ratings for Dr. Athanasios Diniotis

To start, Dr Diniotis was extremely helpful and knowledgeable when it came to helping me understand what my diagnoses and treatment would be. He took the time to answer all my questions and even drew a picture for me so that I can have a better understanding of what my gallbladder does etc. I can say that his office manager was extremely nice as well. The wait could have been a little shorter in the office since I was waiting for 20 mins before the Doctor saw me. I can honestly say that I truly recommend Dr Diniotis to anyone who is looking for a great surgeon. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

Dr. Diniotis performed my emergency gallbladder surgery and left a gallstone blocking a bile duct to my liver. When I went to a follow up visit at his office complaining of extreme pain and an inability to keep down any food, he insisted it was the after effects of the surgery and nothing more. It took my regular doctor (who is a PULMONARY specialist) to find the problem and get me the follow up surgery I needed. At the time I was too young to realize it, but I had a valid case for malpractice. I have permanent liver from his error and his dismissal of my later concerns, and might have died if it had not been discovered by my regular physician.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

I have never received such poor service in my life. The staff was unhelpful, unpunctual, and belligerant when I had concerns or complaints. The doctor was abrupt, abrasive, and did not explain anything about my procedure to me. When I expressed concern over the way my wound was healing, he denied the presence of massive scar tissue, even though I could feel the lumps over my wound! When I went into surgery I could feel cuts with the scalpel, and he told me that was because the tissue I was having removed was "too deep for local," and I just had to wonder WHY he would have done it under local then. I have never seen stitches so enormous or widely spaced, either. I seriously doubt this doctor's competency and the ethics of his staff.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009