Ratings for Dr. Pravin S. Bhatt

He became my first psychiatrist by default: he was the on-duty psychiatrist when I was in the ER for the first time. He was plenty nice, but not helpful. He was also the psychiatrist for the geriatric ward, and that is much more his specialty, not eating disordered college age girls. He prescribed me an anti-depressant that has warning labels that it may cause seizures in anorexics. I had said seizures. He switched me from pill to pill looking for something that would work, and it is more bad luck than anything else that I wasn't his patient long enough to find a medication that actually helped me. He's decent at medication management, a largely guess-and-check affair, other than the seizure thing. He's not great at treatment management, i.e. deciding when to discharge you from the hospital and he's not great at diagnosis, totally missing the boat for me, and not for a lack of my trying to tell him what was going on.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

Dr. Bhatt answers questions patiently and thoroughly, listens well, and seems to care.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2009