Ratings for Dr. David H. Ilson

Great doctor with a great attitude. He knew a lot about the topic and was very helpful.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

He gave me a dim prognosis without looking at my case, regarding my rare cancer as "garden variety stage 4 colon cancer, 2 year median life expectancy." He heard nothing I said in response to his questions; his report on my visit was filled with material errors (listed my meds incorrectly, both in meds taken, and with major dosage errors; made errors in my medical history (no, my father isn't dead, as noted in his record.) He brushed off my husband and me, and had the gall to write that I "showed undue distress, even when given encouraging information." (What was encouraging??) Now, 2 1/2 years later, I am healthy, having been successfully treated by another oncologist at MSK who gave me a good prognosis all along, emphasizing that we could not go by colon cancer stats, that mine was a very rare situation.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

Pleasant and upbeat, but doesnt't think outside the box. After my surgery for Stage 4 colorectal cancer at MMK, he said that because no studies had been done on the effectiveness of followup chemo for stage 4 patients, I should not have it, as it's effectiveness had not been proven. Well, duh, I had 7 cancerous lymph nodes removed. To me, and to my oncologist in New Jersey, it was a no brainer that I have the follow-up treatment, and I'm glad that I did. My cea levels went down during and after that treatment. Thank God I didn't rely on only his point of view. Always get another perspective, compare and think for yourself.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2007

He cared for my father many years ago. He was all smiley-smiley but didn't really care.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2005

He saved my mothers life. Esophgael is a very rare and deadly form of cancer. The public should learn the danger signs.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2004

Dr. David H. Ilson's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)