Ratings for Dr. Ramsey F. Markus

Beware! Dr. Markus left my face scared after several Fraxel treatments. I now have many bumps on my cheeks & my face looks worse. Also, they tell you one price & bill another. I've been fighting my bill for months & no one returns calls. Overall, a very negative experience! I've now changed doctors & I'm very pleased with who I see now.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr. Ramsey is the only dermatologist in Houston I would recommend. When we go to see him for just a questionable spot on my husband's face, he also checks his back and his arms. We have been to 2 other derms in Houston that just check the spot and send him on his way. I really appreciate his thoroughness.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

I have permanent scarring on my face from a treatment by Dr. Markus. He did not go over the potential risks of TCA CROSS (where acid is applied to a depressed scar to elevate it after it heals). Unfortunately, I naively trusted him. He did not properly control the distribution of acid and it spread out beyond the original scar -- damaging normal skin. I have physical and emotional scars as a result. Please do your research before going to this man.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Ramsey F. Markus for laser hair removal. I was assured by Dr. Markus and his staff that they had the most advanced laser technology available and that the hair removal would not scar my skin. Before the procedure I asked the doctor to test the laser on my skin to ensure there was no scarring. He refused, insisting that patients did not have scarring from his treatment. His nurse Elaine Wells performed the procedure and made the laser too intense for my skin. As a result I have PERMANENT scarring on my bikini line. Dr. Markus refused to admit his mistake or to refund my payment of $400.00. His only attempt to resolve the situation was to give me expired samples of a skin lightening cream and tell me that the scars would hopefully go away in about a year.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2006

Dr. Ramsey F. Markus's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Kansas City, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Healthnet