Ratings for Dr. Ronald Greenberg

Dr. Greenberg has been my GP for the last few years. I've been very disappointed with Dr. Greenberg's service. He spends most of the appointment time shuffling though my file, trying to figure out who the heck I am, what's going on with my health, and why I'm bothering him. I was once called in for test results by his very nice receptionist only to have him ask me why I was there to see him (apparently, he doesn't "do" daysheets). I *always* have to remind him of the reason for my visit, briefly outline my health history, list my ongoing/chronic health conditions and medications, refresh his memory as to the specialists I've seen (two of which he referred me to himself) and all the while he's scanning through my file, shuffling the papers around, avoiding eye contact, interrupting me with questions like, "Why are you taking drug X?" "Ummmm, because you prescribed it to me. To help manage chronic condition Y." By the end of the appointment time, he's finally up to speed on who I am, my ongoing/chronic health conditions, and why I'm there – that doesn't leave much time for discussion about the reason for my appointment in the first place! Dr. Greenberg also has a pretty obvious fat bias; he misdiagnosed a kidney infection as muscle fatigue from 'carrying around' my extra weight. When I reminded him that I'd been this weight for well over ten years (in part due to my ongoing/chronic health conditions and medications) and that this was the first time I'd experienced kidney discomfort, he sneeringly dismissed my concern and wouldn't even order a urinalysis or blood test. Fortunately, my local walk-in clinic doctor did order a urinalysis, made the correct diagnosis, and a quick round of antibiotics cleared the infection up in a week; Greenberg tried to refer me to a chiropractor. In my opinion, Dr. Greenberg is a poor choice for anyone looking for (or requiring by necessity) anything more than basic, 'bare minimum' medical care.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Dr. Greenberg has been my growing family's GP for over 5 years now. He is the first doctor I've ever had or known of that calls you after hours. With 2 young children(both born since he's been our doctor) and many concerned moments, he has been nothing but professional and helpful in taking away our fears. Yes, he does offer allergy testing and can give you 101 reasons for wanting to know what may be affecting your health. I find him to be very honest when it comes to telling you what YOU need to do in order to stay healthy. Sometimes those answers might not be what you wanted to hear. Finally, if you need to see a specialist, he's the one that will get you in quickly.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

If I could rate this doctor at zero I would. He should clearly retire. If you ever have a serious cancer go elsewhere immediately.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

My sister she has been a patient of Dr. Greenberg for over a 15 years, last 4 months she was not feeling well after visiting The doctor she asked for an X-Ray he refused and said your lungs are healthy and all your tests shows normal and I even refuse to give you antibiotics for your cough my sister said to the doctor family members are concern why you don't send me for one he replied you have so many doctors in you family why are you coming to see me ? he is on holiday now for a month , we had to take our sister to Lions Gate hospital they found out she has lung cancer and has spread to her liver and bones . what a Doctor I am waiting to see him once he gets back from his Holiday.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I came across Dr. Greenberg after my previous Dr retired. During the first visit he tried to sell me some allergy tests. No thanks on the add-on sales. At that time I had a serious health issue developing. Dr. G missed it completely. I don't ever get the feeling this guy really cares about medicine, or his patients. Give him a pass.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

If you have a chronic condition/disease he is not a good doctor. If you are healthy he might be okay for a while. Otherwise steer clear, this man should clearly retire.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Only met with Dr. Greenberg once when I was looking for a new GP. Unfortunately he didn't seem overly interested, and focused a bit too much on my weight (yes, I am overweight) rather than the concerns I wanted to discuss (which were not weight related). Didn't end up going back. I'm also a health professional and have an idea of what kind of care I should receive - and the care others receive - which is why I cannot recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Greenberg by a friend and felt fortunate to have a doctor willing to take me on as a new patient rather than having to visit random doctors at walk in clinics. When I 1st met him I thought he was very to the point, direct and not interested in building any sort of relationship or rapport and I accepted him for his straight to business approach, I haven't had too much need to see him as I am quite healthy but each time I've gone in I feel like I'm bothering him, he seems to really dislike what he's doing, my last appointment with him he got argumentative with me because I posed a simple question and request to him. I left feeling really disappointed and angry and I now feel that he is really arrogant, unkind and uncaring. I would suggest that he consider a new occupation or retire.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

If this doctor is ever accepting patient's it's because he is neglegent. He once shamed me and argued with me for asking for STI testing after I had left my long-term boyfriend had cheated. Yes, people in 2015 have intercourse before marriage and some seemingly wholesome guys are d-bags. Get with the times you repressed, arrogant has-been. It's not up to a doctor to push his values on his patients. What's worse, I came in with a complaint of 24/7 vertigo and paresthesia (numb sensation) in both feet and the left side of my face (in 2012 or 2013). This lasted 2.5 months straight with nerve pain and affected my walking coordination (ataxia). He told me the paresthesia must be a pinched nerve in my back. When my CT came out clear he dismissed my complaints and refused to investigate further. I simply lived with 24/7 vertigo for months. Well, fast forward to 2015, the vertigo is back 24/7 along with severe ataxia, paresthesia and eye problems. Saw a walk-in doctor in Victoria who sent me to the ENT/Neuro who did a basic neuro exam and ordered an MRI. Turns out I have rather obvious Multiple Sclerosis. Over 10 lesions in my brain. Had I gotten treatment earlier I likely would have less lesions. I'm on the path to remission and disease modifying drugs to suppress the disease with no thanks to Dr. Ronald Greenberg.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

Dr. Greenberg has been my GP for 9 years. However, over the past several years, I find him to be simply not interested in caring for his patient, i.e., me. For the record, he is not going to be your health advocate. More recently, he has forgotten to call me in for a recall in paps. It was only when I saw him for something else that he told me that I needed a paps 17 months ago. His office simply failed to contact me. It took my courage to ask why this has happened, to which he had no explanation. He didn’t not apologize until I explicitly asked that an apology was due. Sure, we all make mistakes. However, this is not the first time this type of mistake has happened. He just does not have a functioning system to track medical requests and conveying results to patients. I am deeply disappointed, and looking for another doc.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015