Ratings for Dr. Nicole Desmarais

Exact and tonthe point. She is empathic but will tell you how it is. When we hurt and/or are sick we all want it to stop. There are no magic pills and she is not afraid to say it. Although a busy office they do what they can to accomadate. I am so glad my wife brought me to her so many years ago

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Dr Desmarais has been fantastic! Her receptionist, Val, is by far the best ever! Nurse Ginette is great! Lisa.... I could do without. Snobby and know it all....

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

I've been waiting for over a month to get my results back that I need to give to my school for my program but they are always closed

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Great doctor. Great office. Caring but busy. Been a patient for many years.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Patient on fentanol that is building dock s in alban for rona...construction too and she's informed of the breach! Still offering the unessasary meds

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Valerie is totally amazing ! Ginette is also very nice and sweet. Lisa ... snooty but does the job. Dr Des is ok - been with her for 20 years - the time and care has gone down hill since the start but that is understandable as all Dr's get fed up and lose their patience over time and start to treat you like herded cattle. I get that...its human nature. She used to care a lot and would really listen to you and ask probing questions to get to the bottom of your issue. Now its in and out . My wife loves her as she treats her well and gives her time - maybe its a guy thing. My biggest pet peeve is the fact that you can't get a hold of the office - short office hours and regimented limited time frames for Val to answer the phone and for us to call in to make an appt. I've driven from the far side of Sudbury to Hanmer a few times to change appt times because I couldn't get through - over a half hour drive each way for me. We all have a lot going on in our personal lives - some more than others - but there is still a level of care that needs to be upheld and it has definitely declined over the years. I am understanding and sympathetic to her situation as a single mom with kids with needs so I always give her the benefit of the doubt that she may be having a crazy day. Just help me when I need help the odd time please. I'm not a pain in the butt whinning patient.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Firstly, the staff is fantastic. Val is the best medical secretary you may ever deal with. I agree getting in touch with the office is tough as they really need somebody answering phones. I also agree Dr. Desmarais doesn't spend a lot of time with you either. It's in, out. That being said, she's a decent doctor who follows up on things well enough. Can she be better? Certainly. But the days when doctors had a few dozen patients to deal with and could offer much more time to their patients is long past. Overall, I'd say I was pleased with this doctor and would give her a passing grade.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Wonderful doctor and office!! The best. Dr desmarais and her staff are a god send.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

I love Dr Desmarais. She is alwayd willing to listen. I find it difficult to get an appointment within a resonable time. Her secretary Valerie will give you a date of one month away and then I return my call and one of her nurses will give me an appointment in a couple of days??

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Dr Desmarais is an awesome doctor. She is always helpful. Her office is very busy. Hard to get through on the phones at times. Her staff are wonderful and helpful. Glad she is my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017