Ratings for Dr. Leon P. Mead

I had severe tears in my rotator cuff. Over three years I had two different sessions of therapy, and two cortisone shotts. I had a lot of pain to where I couldn't dance, play cards, or even open a bottle of water or a lot of everyday chores. When I saw Dr Mead I just wanted him to give me a shott to relieve some of the pain. I was told it was a severe tear which could get worse, until I might or be able to get it fixed. Dr. Mead told me the options from doing nothing and living with it to having surgery. I chose the surgery, and Dr Mead was able to repair the tear. I can' say it was easy, and the worse part for me was not using the arm for 6 weeks. However, when I saw Dr. Mead I was in a lot of pain, and now it has been5 month's since the surgery. And have very little pain which I don't need any pain meds at all. I was happy with the surgery, and glad that I had it done.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

My first experience with Dr. Mead was at a seminar and I was very please on his presentation. I was completely comfortable moving forward ,with the need replacement. The surgery went well and so did the recovery. I do believe that it is important that you follow the recommended therapy and exercises if you want to have success. I

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Same day total knee replacement of both knees. Chose stem cell therapy and my recovery was better than I could have ever imagined. Very little pain following surgery or during rehabilitation. At one year I am pain free and have no physical limitations. At age 75, my life was changed.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Dr Mead performed two full knee replacements spread out 3 months apart and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I continually get comments that my surgical scars are nearly invisible. My range of motion is excellent and I often forget that I have two artificial knees. When I woke up in the hospital the first morning after my surgery Dr. Mead was sitting at my bedside to check on how I was feeling and to answer any questions I had about the next step in my recovery. I have found his staff to be attentive, friendly and professional and I highly recommend Dr. Mead to anyone needing full knee replacement.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Mead for 5 years.I had severe Osteoarthritis In both knees.My trade wasn't conducive to working with knee replacements so a plan of treatment involving anti inflammatory medication and regular injections into both knees was performed until I could finally have both knees replaced.I am now very greatful to Dr. Mead and his wonderful staff for providing me a fresh start with new knees and no pain!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Dr Mead did a total knee replacement with stem cell on my left knee. Except for the first couple of days it was almost too easy. Years ago I had a total right knee replacement without stem cell with a different surgeon. That recovery time and effort was much more difficult than the left knee that I just had done. The office was very accommodating when I wanted to move my surgery date up by a month. The first few days after surgery were a little rough. After that the pain and healing moved along at a much faster pace than the right knee had recovered years ago. I am at 12 weeks now with a 130 degree bend. I went back to full time office work after about 2.5 weeks of recovery. Now I am back at the gym working out with my personal trainer 3x a week and am hoping to take a 14 day hike in Europe next summer around Mt Blanc. Dr Mead and his staff have been great but really everything went so smoothly I haven't needed any extra attention other than follow up appointments. I would highly recommend doing the stem cell with the knee replacement. I was in a hurry to get back to my life and it really did help. I was doing much better than non stem cell patients that I met in physical therapy.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

On 3/26/2017 I had a hip replacement with Dr.Mead.. That was an unbelievable experience from start to finish. The compassion and quality of service and care was the best I have ever experienced. They treat their patients like family with compassion and love. My pain is completely gone and I am able to dance once again and wear my high heels!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

In August 2016 Dr Mead performed arthroscopic surgery on my right shoulder to remove arthritic debris that was causing sufficient pain that I could no longer play tennis and interfered with my sleep. Dr Mead suggested injecting a combination of amniotic fluid with my own stem cells and I agreed. Now, a year after the procedure, I have returned to playing tennis 3 times a week. Needless to say I am delighted with the successful results and can report only occasional soreness but NO pain and NO interference with my sleeping.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

My experience with Dr. Mead and Associates has been first class. From my first meeting with Dr. Mead and throughout the entire hip replacement process it couldn't have been more seamless.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Mead for over 10 years. He has replaced both my hips, treated my knees & most recently operated on my right shoulder for a torn rotator & bicep muscle. I could not be happier with my results. I have sent friends to see him and all have been happy. I without hesitation recommend Dr Mead to anybody in need of an amazing Orthopedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Dr. Leon P. Mead's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1983)

Tufts