Ratings for Dr. Leon P. Mead

Dr Mead's staff is professional, courteous and efficient. Certainly a reflection of Dr Leon Mead. Having three previous surgery procedures performed by Dr Mead I had no doubts or nervousness about having Dr Mead perform my second full knee replacement.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

When I came to Dr. Mead I was in pain most all of the time, after years of trying therapy, injections and PRP injections, I came to Dr. MEAD and decided to try Stem Cell treatment . At my age 80 and weight over 250 , I didn't want to have knee replacement surgery. It's been 6 months since surgery, and I am 90 percent better. No pain except under stress . Thank you so much Dr Mead

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I'm thrilled that my stem cell procedure on my knee has worked! It's been 6 months now & ex-rays have proved it. Dr. Mead was skeptical because the bone was not only bone on bone, but concaved as I saw on the DVD that he gave me of my stem cell procedure. Two & a half years ago I had a total replacement done on my other knee by Dr. Mead, which feels great but the rehab was painful. In comparison, I'd have the stem cell operation & feel it was worth the money. We're lucky to have Dr. Leon Mead in our area, & a Dr. Who is advanced in his thinking & desire to want the very best for his patience. Joyce, Marco Island

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Leon has operated on me twice, both times recommending conservative treatment to see if I could get better without surgery or at least learn to live with the issue if it did not seriously impair the acvtivities i wanted to do with my body. Supplied me with videos of his procedures on me and talked through what he saw, what he could do, etc. I like him immensely for his candor, and abilities.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I met Dr. Mead in January 2010. An appointment with a Neurologist plus and MRI and X-Rays had discovered a severe hip dislocation. I had been unable to walk for 6 months following back surgery the previous summer. I was referred to Dr. Mead's office that, upon seeing the results of my images, called me immediately and quickly scheduled an appointment. Surgery followed within days and what great joy I experienced when I walked the day of surgery!! I have never been more pleased with a surgical result. Within 2 months my other hip began showing signs of dislocating. This time surgery was done quickly. There are simply not enough stars in this ranking to adequately extol the virtues of Dr. Mead and the entire staff. Their combined professionalism, knowledge, follow-up and ongoing concern is truly remarkable. I just saw Dr. Mead for my five Year follow-up appointment, which coincided with my 77th birthday. Both hips are "perfect" and I have no restrictions.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

I am pain free! Three months after a total knee replacement I am walking 4 miles a day, biking, and scuba diving. Dr. Mead gave me my life back! He is an excellent surgeon and everyone who is impressed with my progress remarks that Dr. Mead has a stellar reputation so it is no wonder I am doing so well. Even the rehab staff who were also terrific say he is the best. Wish I had found him years ago. Nicki

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

I have just completed my one year check up after my second total knee replacement with Dr. Leon Mead. Once again I am completely satisfied with the results of my surgery. With each surgery, my friends were amazed with how well I was walking so soon after the surgeries. Dr. Mead is very knowledgeable, uses the best equipment, and utilizes the best practices for his outstanding surgery results. I now recommend Dr. Mead to all my friends as he was recommended to me.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I have just finished my 12th week for my second knee replacement surgery with Dr. Leon Mead. Once again I have to thank him and his staff for the outstanding outcome of my surgery. I am well into my 70s and I'm back playing tennis, dancing and walking daily with great ease and enjoyment. Not only is he an exceptional surgeon, with years of experience, he has seen to it to surround himself with a staff that is knowledgeable, helpful and sensitive to patient needs. It is too often the case of those of us that are most satisfied to go on about our lives and forget to let the doctor and staff know how much we appreciate and value their services. I am confident that I share the same opinion as the many whom I have had conversations with in Dr. Mead's office over the several years that I have been in and out of his office for my two knee replacement surgeries. Some may not know how to go on the Internet and let people know of Dr. Mead successful surgery stories, but I am glad to do it on their behalf.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I needed to see dr mead the staff made me waited three weeks just to tell me that he needed To see the x ray im still waiting for some one call me back to make appt :(

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

I had both knees done at the end of April and I am completely happy with the results. Dr. Mead did a great job and for the first time in years I can go for a walk with my wife. Also I can go down stairs in a normal fashion instead of "baby stepping" my way down.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Dr. Leon P. Mead's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal