Ratings for Dr. Leon P. Mead

I have had both knees replaced by Dr. Mead, one in Nov, 2016 and the other in Jan 2018. In both procedures I had Stem Cell injections. My experience was excellent. In both cases I was practicing golf in 6 weeks and playing 18 holes in 2 months. The rehab for this operation is painful, but I was able to complete it in about 6 weeks: 2 weeks at home and 4-5 as out patient in Bonita Springs. I would recommend Dr. Mead for knee replacement without reservation.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

I came to Dr Mead with knee, hip and back pain. My leg was noticeably bowed out. I was unable to walk comfortably, ride a bike and after playing tennis would be in pain. I had a complete knee replacement in July 2017 , the lead up to my surgery was very thorough, tests and exams were scheduled to determine my physical ability to have a great outcome, all aspects of the procedure were fully explained to me. Precautions in advance of my surgery to prevent infection, help with pain control and discomfort from possible constipation. These were parts of care that I did not think of but the office was on top of. My outcome has been amazing ,communication with Dr Mead's office has been extremely easy throughout. My lifestyle after this surgery has been getting better and better, things that I'd given up on are back in my life, bike riding, hiking and my tennis game is better than ever. Thank you Dr Mead!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2018

HAve had hip replacement in July 2018 with stem cell and absolutely pain free after 4 weeks. COuld not be more pleased. Should have had done one year ago. Highly recommend Dr. MEad. He is the best.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

I had knee issues with Dr. Mead and was very happy with his treatment, manner, concern and knowledge about my issue. I would recommend him. Unfortunately, dealing with his office staff is totally another issue. My experience with them (both billing and appointments) were significantly unpleasant. They were non-responsive and not al all proactive in sorting through my billing and claim status. My insurance representative even mentioned this to me in a follow up call. The office staff's attitude and non-helpful manner even bordered on rudeness. I will not use Dr. Mead for future issues (regardless of how qualified he is) because his office staff is so difficult to work through.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

I had bilateral knee replacement with stem cell therapy 8 months ago. I could not be more pleased. I am playing tennis 5 days a week with absolutely no discomfort. I started playing after four months . Stairs are painless and I am even able to kneel in church, though not for more than about ten minutes at a time. All of my friends and fellow tennis players are totally amazed at how freely I am able to move. Hard work for several weeks, but so worth it!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

I had severe tears in my rotator cuff. Over three years I had two different sessions of therapy, and two cortisone shotts. I had a lot of pain to where I couldn't dance, play cards, or even open a bottle of water or a lot of everyday chores. When I saw Dr Mead I just wanted him to give me a shott to relieve some of the pain. I was told it was a severe tear which could get worse, until I might or be able to get it fixed. Dr. Mead told me the options from doing nothing and living with it to having surgery. I chose the surgery, and Dr Mead was able to repair the tear. I can' say it was easy, and the worse part for me was not using the arm for 6 weeks. However, when I saw Dr. Mead I was in a lot of pain, and now it has been5 month's since the surgery. And have very little pain which I don't need any pain meds at all. I was happy with the surgery, and glad that I had it done.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

My first experience with Dr. Mead was at a seminar and I was very please on his presentation. I was completely comfortable moving forward ,with the need replacement. The surgery went well and so did the recovery. I do believe that it is important that you follow the recommended therapy and exercises if you want to have success. I

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Same day total knee replacement of both knees. Chose stem cell therapy and my recovery was better than I could have ever imagined. Very little pain following surgery or during rehabilitation. At one year I am pain free and have no physical limitations. At age 75, my life was changed.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Dr Mead performed two full knee replacements spread out 3 months apart and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I continually get comments that my surgical scars are nearly invisible. My range of motion is excellent and I often forget that I have two artificial knees. When I woke up in the hospital the first morning after my surgery Dr. Mead was sitting at my bedside to check on how I was feeling and to answer any questions I had about the next step in my recovery. I have found his staff to be attentive, friendly and professional and I highly recommend Dr. Mead to anyone needing full knee replacement.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Mead for 5 years.I had severe Osteoarthritis In both knees.My trade wasn't conducive to working with knee replacements so a plan of treatment involving anti inflammatory medication and regular injections into both knees was performed until I could finally have both knees replaced.I am now very greatful to Dr. Mead and his wonderful staff for providing me a fresh start with new knees and no pain!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Dr. Leon P. Mead's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1983)

Delta Dental