Ratings for Dr. Michael P. Bova

Was a doctor for my father. When asked what could be the problem he said " He's not a spring chicken." At that point, I found a NEW Doctor!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

Very down to earth staff and doctor. Quick whit and fun mixed with seriousness and health care- fantastic combination. After my doctor had to leave due to health issues this man offered to take his patients on as well. Being a new doctor to me w my complex health issues i was hesitant. After the first ten minutes I felt at ease knowing my health was in the right hands. TY!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I'm a previous patient of Dr Coughlins , Dr Bova took over the practice , I requested my records and they copied maybe an 1/8 of the records ! I have Lupus and Thyroid Cancer and because I requested my records he told me to go to prompt care to refill my meds and he wouldn't see me as a patient , he is clearly in Hippa violation for many reasons ! I'm filing a complaint ASAP !

Submitted September 17, 2014

For routine office visits, this dr is ok. For serious illnesses, he is not. Misdiagnosed me for 5 months and it never occurred to him to refer me to a specialist until I insisted on it. My last 2 visits he just sat there stairing at his paperwork. I could tell he didn't know what to do with me but STILL it didn't occur to him to refer me to a specialist (who correctly diagnosed me in the first 5 minutes of our appointment). I was given strong possibly cancer-causing meds over and over by this dr in the hopes of curing something I didn't have. Because what he thought I had was contagious, he wouldn't even get close enough to examine my skin. He and his staff are always friendly, but for anything more serious than a cold - I would go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

Doctor Bova and his staff are the best around, has helped me solve a problem that no other doctor could find. He actually took the time to dive into my history and there was the answer...

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Patient of this doctor for many years until an insurance change made me switch. There's a small town feel to his office and the care you get from dr and staff. Professional, caring, gives you as much time as you need for each apt. Do not remember him ever breaking an apt. Wonderful doctor and staff!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

I LOVE this man and his staff. Dr. Bova has always helped me and the staff, you won't find a better one anywhere in the world!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

Dr Bova listened and helped me more than any doctor ever has.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Awesome Doctor and his staff are wonderful. Very understanding and willing to do what is necessary to find/fix the problems. Highly recommend Dr. Bova.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2009

Awesome staff. Needed a new Dr. who took my insurance. Got me right in the next day as a new patient.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Dr. Michael P. Bova's Credentials

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)