Ratings for Dr. Theron McLarty

I have been seeing him since my oldest son was 6 yrs old, autistic and admitted to Ridgeview hospital. My son is 20 yrs old now! Dr. McLarty best quality is patience! He listens, takes notes and shows incredible empathy. He seems to be staying on top of all the new therapies and medications. I deal with chronic depression and I am an Executive who is tasked with leadership performance for a large company. I am a speaker, a teacher and I have to travel. I am a single mom who's strapped tightly. Dr. McLarty sees the energy it takes to push through my emotional struggles to continue my career and if it were not for him, I dont think I would have made it! I believe the only reason he runs behind with appts is because he can't predict the trouble each patient is coming to him with on any given day and he will not cut them short to stay on time. I just acknowledge I may have to wait. If you can do this, than it is certainly worth the wait. When he retires, I will feel like I have lost not only a great Doctor, but a person who has contributed to my life.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

After losing my father 16 years ago, Dr. McLarty literally saved my life. He has been a blessing not just to me but several of my friends and family members that I have referred to him. Truly the best!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Dr. McLarty is a blessing, pure and simple. Rarely does a person find a medical doctor so knowledgeable and compassionate rolled into one. He has helped me improve the quality of my life and given me hope that I can be comfortable, stable, and a giving member of society throughout my life. I, too, will be a patient until he retires.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

I've been a patient for many years, on and off. Dr McClarty has saved my life. He's the most kind, caring, understanding, patient Dr. He definitely takes his time with me, never rushing through the appt like some doctors do. I think anyone who's thinking of changing doctors, should definitely give him a call. With him until he retires!!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Dr. McLarty is good at his job but nearly impossible to reach and is usually running very late (esp 1st appt of the day)

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Incredibly knowledgeable about the latest testing and medications on the market and how they compare, based on my needs. Always takes a personal interest to ensure he understands what problems you are facing and how you are handling it. I have seen some doctors who only 'prescribe' based on a few symptoms - he takes the time to know you.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. McLarty has been such a blessing to me personally. He has helped and guided me through some difficult times. I was so fortunate to find him. I have been with Dr. McLarty for several years now and I have the utmost confidence in him. He's a "rare find" in this day and age of medicine. Most importantly, he really takes time with you and is interested in you. He has really helped me.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Dr McClarty is helpful, considerate, and works with you to find a solution to any problem you could have.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Dr. McLarty is wonderful!!! Have been a patient for quite some time and I am very pleased and comforted by his words and service.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Dr. McLarty is a great doctor. He is knowledgeable, kind, and truly seems to care about his patients. He returns phone calls in a timely fashion and actually does his own scheduling! He is not the most timely with his appointments but at the same time never rushes through once in the room with me. I always feel like I have adequate time with him and that he is truly listening. Definitely worth a wait in the waiting room in my mind.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013