Ratings for Dr. Don O. Stovall

I have had two spine surgeries by Dr. Stovall. Both gave excellent relief of pain. He gave detailed information before and after the surgeries, and was very open and friendly in his manner, inviting any questions I had about the surgeries. I have visited him since to get referrals for arthritis treatments with Dr. Spearman and Dr. Warren (who are also in their practice) and Dr. Stovall was again very helpful. All members of the Low Country Ortho practice are top rate in my opinion, and I would feel very confident in using them again if the need arises.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2007

My step son-in-law is deaf and moved to SC in June of 2006. He was referred to Dr Stovall for back trouble. When he arrived at Dr Stovall's office his appointment was rescheduled because an intrepreter was not present. Deaf people are intelligent, read and write, lip read and are not hard to communicate with. As an optometrist of over 47 years, I have examined 100's of deaf people without benefit of an intrepreter. The main reason for wanting an interpreter, in my opinion, is to save the doctor time. This is unprofessional because it shows no respect for the patient's time. With the cost of gasoline being high, it also increases financial hardship on the patient who is, in most cases, already suffering financial hardship for lack of employment. In many cases, the American Disabilities Act requires a doctor to supply the intrepreter. I think Dr Stovall's office got "off on the wrong foot" with this deaf patient.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2007

Dr. Don O. Stovall's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in North Charleston, SC