Ratings for Dr. Amy Makemson

I have been with Dr. Amy since she practiced in Priceville. She is the most wonderful doctor I have ever known. She treated my mom with love and compassion as her health declined up until she ultimately passed away. She has always been extremely attentive, knowledgable and kind. Her husband, Dr. James, is wonderful too. Both of my sons have been seeing him since they were in elementary school and he has been great. Dr. Amy's nurses are the best...friendly, compassionate and willing to go out of their way to help you. I couldn't ask for a better doctor and practice.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Dr Amy had been my Dr for around 11 years and I thought the world of her and her staff. Until I was to a point where I could no longer work because of different health issues and applied for disability. She sent a letter to the disability judge and lied and said I told her I was having financial problems and might as well file for disability. I never said anything like that. I have worked and struggled through it for years and just can't anymore and the judge said she was the only reason I would have been denied. The judge recommended I get a new Dr and I did. It broke my heart that she lied and ruined the only chance I had to support myself and my children. I can't trust her as a Dr any longer.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

i have been seeing dr amy for 12 years. she also sees my sister and my mother. the only trouble i have ever had out of this office or her, is front desk staff. as far as amy or her nurses go, they are great, she takes as much time as needed, never rushed, she has always been totally professional with me, one time, i got sick on a fri evening, went to e.r. ,, went back to e.r. on sun, no relief, went to see her on monday, she told me exactly what was wrong, gave me appropriate meds, and i was much better on tues. all the e.r did was give me pain pills. i would recommend dr amy to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

She's absolutely clueless, uninformed and incompetent. Got the same bogus "personality differences" letter out of the blue. Anybody notice she constantly talks in the third person? Useless. And the husband's no better.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2014

PLEASE READ!!! If you don't think she will drop you from her care without good reason you are wrong!I wen't to Amy for around 15 years ,loved her, she was so sweet and thought of her as a good christian friend.I always recieved good care from her,I lost my best friend to cancer and was suffering greatly from depression ,when out of the blue I recieved my letter in the mail,saying she would not be seeing me or my daughter any more,due to personality differences.Wow,talk about being hurt.I called the office too,because I thought this can't be right ,must be a mistake. So My daughter and I were left high and dry without a doctor. So for a doctor to do this to someone that they know is having bad issues with depression,is pretty cold!!! Think twice before using her!!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Amy for about 9 years and love her. She always takes as much time as needed to discuss my medical concerns and is very conservative with writing prescriptions as an option, which I like. I usually have to wait at least 15 minutes, and the staff is not the friendliest or most helpful, but Dr. Amy makes up for it. I'm surprised by the number of negative comments about her.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Dr. Amy is a wonderful doctor who I have been going to for maybe 10 years or so. She has always took time with me and been helpful and knowledgeable. I am always able to make an appointment when needed.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

I worked through a lab and was stationed at this office. Dr. Makemson became my doctor because it was convienient and she seemed very nice. I left my job with the company and eneded up having to move. When I came back I called to make a appointment and was told I was fired from seeing her. I was shocked at the rudeness of the office manager. I came across this website today and am not shocked that she has a poor rating. There is no reason to fire a patient because you want to. Oath is to provide for those in need.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

flag | Submitted June 10, 2012

I have seen Dr. Amy for about 15 yrs and I have never had any issues of any kind with her or her staff. I am always able to get an appt. when I need it, I never have to wait too long and she has always been very kind, caring, cordial, personable and professional. I feel that I have always been properly diagnosed and received the appropriate treatments and/or medications. She always remembers me and asks about my children and husband. I am extremely comfortable with her and her staff. When I first started seeing her, she was practicing in Priceville and I followed her to Huntsville even though it was an hour+ drive. She has been so good to me and now sees my 19 yr daughter. We both think very highly of her and woud give her our highest recommendation!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

Dr. Amy Makemson's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union