Dr. Michael T. Havig

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Michael T. Havig

I was experiencing weird knee pain, so I made an appointment to see Dr. Havig. He took x-rays right in his office. This was very convenient. I did not require surgery, but Dr. Havig prescribed physical therapy which is greatly helping me. I really appreciated that Dr. Havig and his Physician Assistant Wendy both spent a lot of time with me and answered all my questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Havig to anyone needing orthopedic help.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

I’d give 6 stars if I could! Great Doctor and Staff. Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

I found Dr Havig to be very professional and compassionate in his approach to how he communicated what my options were for repairing my shoulder injury. I had never been through surgery before and was very anxious about having surgery. Dr Havig thoroughly explained and answered all my questions in a way that was both reassuring and provided me with confidence in his abilities. I was given several options and each option was explained in detail. Ultimately I elected for surgery. He did an amazing job and was able to relieve my pain and restore my mobility of my shoulder. I would definitely recommend Dr. Havig to family and friends.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Great doc. Caring and professional. Did my knee and I was able to play golf and tennis again.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

Fantastic doctor and staff! Very thorough and they communicate well.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

I think Dr. Havig is a amazing orthopedic surgeon. I have been a patient of his for 10 years. He has done knee replacement for me and the outcome has been fantastic. I highly recommend him to anyone who is having knee or shoulder pain. He has given me cortisone shots and the pain relief I have received has been incredible.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Dr Havig and his PA Wendy are very knowledgeable, patient and professional. I am so happy I made the decision to have him perform my total knee replacement. Dr Havig made me feel at ease and very comfortable before and after my surgery. I would strongly recommend him to anyone needing a knee replacement.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Very polite! He took the time to explain my diagnosis and make clear what was going on and what treatment options that were available. I elected to have surgery. Great decision! Great surgeon! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Havig’s for years and I have confidence in what he tells me. I have had numerous surgeries with him and always been happy with the results. I know there is usually a long wait to see him, but when I am being seen I always have felt that he was taking time to hear my concerns and I greatly appreciate that . I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

My visit to Dr. Havig's office was very pleasant. The staff was friendly, efficient, helpful and caring. Dr. Havig explained my x-rays and planned procedure thoroughly and answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

Dr. Michael T. Havig's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Michael Havig is a board certified orthopedic surgeon who completed additional Fellowship training in Sports Medicine at The Orthopaedic Speciality Hospital. He has been practicing in his hometown of Naples for the past 18 years. He is a US Ski Team physician and has provided orthopedic care to Olympic Athletes at the 1996 Summer and the 2002 Winter Olympic Games. Dr. Havig is the Team Physician for Naples High School. Dedicated To Helping My Patients “I am committed to providing my patients with the latest advancements in the treatment of sports-related injuries. Fortunately, most of the problems I see can be treated without surgery; however, if a surgical solution to your problem is needed, I believe in using the most advanced, minimally invasive techniques to help you get back to your everyday lifestyle more quickly. I believe relating to my patients and giving them the highest quality care are the most important aspects in our field. In fact, I spend a lot of time with each patient, educating them about their condition and treatment and, more importantly, listening to them and understanding their concerns. I treat all of my patients like friends… not just patients.”

• English

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

• Arthroscopy