Ratings for Dr. Jon S. Dounchis

Absolutely the worst care I've ever received. I've had knee problems since I was 10 and seen many orthopedics/surgeons as well as worked as a medical assistant and scribe for one for 8 months, so let me tell you this guy is the worst of the worst. His bedside manner is non-existent. Didn't interact with me at all during my physical exam, didn't explain my injury, didn't explain what my physical limitations should be, didn't explain my x-rays, didn't ask about my daily physical activity or history of problems with the knee, only ordered an MRI at my request since every other time I've massively dislocated my knee I typically have some sort of soft tissue damage, did not outline any form of treatment plan to prevent this from happening again, didn't ask if I had any questions, and rushed out of the room so quickly I didn't even have the time to give him a piece of my mind. Seriously, the physician visit from start to end took 6 minutes and he just dictated to his scribe without saying a word to me. I spent more time and had a better conversation with the x-ray technician than I did Dr. Dounchis. Absolutely shameful behavior from a physician. Thankfully I'm used to these type injuries and a medical student so I at least know to advocate for myself and insist on better care but I can only imagine the hundreds of people he has let slip through the cracks. VERY obviously he is in this for the money to see as many patients as possible and not actually invest any time or energy into someone's quality of life. Also based on my previous orthopedic experience his exam was incomplete to say the least. He did a few basic stability tests, didn't ask about any tenderness along the joint line, didn't watch me walk, and did no kind of comparison to my uninjured leg. Having seen multiple other orthopedics in my life as well as assisted in hundreds of physical knee exams to say he cut corners is an understatement.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Made mistake of making 4:30 appt, felt rushed in, quick xrays of knees, suddenly PA or someone comes in, shots of cortisone in knees, dr comes in, knees are bad, out of there before i know it....what a bums rush, never will return

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Been to three appoitments, everytime he has not been in office. There is always an excuse for his lack of being available for patient's scheduled. Intereating enough i was scheduled for 730am appt i arrived at cl8nic at 710am mak8ng sure i eas there 10 minutes prior to scheduled appt but Dr. Dounchis did nit arrive to clinic untill after 820am. I will never come back here again.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Very positive experience, all questions were answered by the doctor and his staff, and most important terrific outcome for my knee replacement. Recommended him to others for knees and they were happy. He was always pleasant to me. I was looking for a great doctor and found him in Dr. Dounchis.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

No conservative treatment here. Everybody gets a joint replacement. But of course he is a paid employee lackey of NCH and money is all they care about

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I found him to be arrogant and inconsiderate insisting on a diagnosis of arthritis in my knee. Second opinion doctor and surgery proved him wrong. Not my kind of doctor.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

I cannot comment on Dr. Dounchis's expertise as a surgeon, as I did not get past the first visit. I found him to be extremely arrogant. The office staff did not have the proper paperwork in my file to help Dr D make a 2nd opinion for an an upcoming surgery. Rather than being apologetic or trying to find out what happened after I waited 90 minutes or offering a reasonable explanation when I asked, he immediately became offensive and irritated with me. Will not go back and would never recommend. If you think doctors are like Gods, he is the one for you. If you want someone to treat you with respect and equality, avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

Want to find out more about him. Want others opinions. Have never used him.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Both my wife and I had hips replaced by Dr. Dounchis. I was walking without a walker 1 1/2 weeks after surgery, and driving my Miata 3 weeks after surgery. Amazing robot-assisted anterior process (he's the national expert on that!). Now my wife needs the other hip replaced and we'll travel from Minnesota to Naples to have Dr. Dounchis do it. He's the best. While not real talkative, he's totally attentive, sympathetic, and professional. We also have a friend who had a knee replaced by him, and he was equally expert with that--she was in church walking with only a cane 1 1/2 weeks after surgery! Obviously, we trust him completely.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2012

Great experience from on start to finish could not be happier had bilateral knee mako pasty.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

Dr. Jon S. Dounchis's Credentials

• Spanish

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal