You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jon S. Dounchis

No conservative treatment here. Everybody gets a joint replacement. But of course he is a paid employee lackey of NCH and money is all they care about

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I found him to be arrogant and inconsiderate insisting on a diagnosis of arthritis in my knee. Second opinion doctor and surgery proved him wrong. Not my kind of doctor.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

I cannot comment on Dr. Dounchis's expertise as a surgeon, as I did not get past the first visit. I found him to be extremely arrogant. The office staff did not have the proper paperwork in my file to help Dr D make a 2nd opinion for an an upcoming surgery. Rather than being apologetic or trying to find out what happened after I waited 90 minutes or offering a reasonable explanation when I asked, he immediately became offensive and irritated with me. Will not go back and would never recommend. If you think doctors are like Gods, he is the one for you. If you want someone to treat you with respect and equality, avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

Want to find out more about him. Want others opinions. Have never used him.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Both my wife and I had hips replaced by Dr. Dounchis. I was walking without a walker 1 1/2 weeks after surgery, and driving my Miata 3 weeks after surgery. Amazing robot-assisted anterior process (he's the national expert on that!). Now my wife needs the other hip replaced and we'll travel from Minnesota to Naples to have Dr. Dounchis do it. He's the best. While not real talkative, he's totally attentive, sympathetic, and professional. We also have a friend who had a knee replaced by him, and he was equally expert with that--she was in church walking with only a cane 1 1/2 weeks after surgery! Obviously, we trust him completely.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2012

Great experience from on start to finish could not be happier had bilateral knee mako pasty.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

SIMPLY, THIS GUY IS VERY GOOD...HAD TWO KNEES DONE, SAME TIME, MACOPLASTY,WENT FROM SINGLE STEP AT A TIME TO RUNNING UP AND DOWN STAIR TWO AT A TIME AND NO PAIN.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011

Great Doc. I trust him to know what he is doing. He is well educated and seems to be very experienced with broken bones. I healed fine with him.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

flag | Submitted July 4, 2011

GREAT DOCTOR! THAT IS ALL I CAN SAY.HE IS SO HELPFUL AND LOOKS AT YOU WHEN TALKING TO YOU AND GREAT BED SIDE MANNER. HELPED WITH A VERY SERIOUS SURGERY AND CORRECTED WHAT NEED TO BE DONE AND I FEEL GREAT! WOULD RECCOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE NEEDING ORTHO SURGERY IN NAPLES FLORIDA.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2010

Dr. Jon S. Dounchis's Credentials

• Spanish

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=403507'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.5

February 16, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=403507'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 5, 2014