You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Martha Gonzalez

Margaret was VERY rude and didn't even ask why I wanted a appt. with Dr. Gonzalez. If she wouldn't have judge my by the sound of my voice would have been nice. She didn't even want to hear me out. Well thanks Margaret I am premenopausal and I am 28 years old and would have loved to talk to a physician rather then you being the judge. Now I don't ever want to come to this office because of people like Margaret. Thanks for your caring and consideration because you threw that one right out the door. You need to take a customer service class because you really suck at it!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

I was previously a patient of Dr. Gonzalez though after her rude, dismissive behavior with a life threaten problem that was found by an MRI . I called the office to talk to DR Gonzales to ask if they could refer me to an endocrinologist in Los Angeles . I explained that my doctor said to find someone local for this issue and I trusted that Dr. Gonzales would refer me to a colleague since she graduated and worked in Los Angeles for many years.... Well to my surprise I got a text on my phone telling me to Google another Dr's name..... What????? Not even a phone call back with a concern or any kind of help. I did not have a problem with her in the past and I explained to the office why I needed help. She obviously is more insecure then her patients well being . I did explain that I would come for other appointments that it was just to far for this serious finding to go back and forth to Ventura. So beware that this doctor does not care about your well being nor health . She would rather not help a long distance patient and loose money nor her pride..... Shame on you Dr. Gonzales I will NEVER ever refer you nor will be waiting my gas to step foot in your office again!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Nice lady but please know that her practice of putting everyone on high dose thyroid pills is not safe. I now have a heart problem from it. My family doctor warned me and my heart doctor said it was the cause. It is called afib. I have to now take heart medicines. She is not board certified in Endocrinology. Just because you feel good doesn't mean it is good for you. I wish I had listened to my other doctors.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

She is the most knowledgeable and amazing doctor ever. She was the only endocrinologist I had seen in 25 years who actually diagnosed me correctly and treated me, accordingly. I realize doctors only "practice" medicine, but she is almost perfect!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Dr. Gonzalez's office staff is truly awful. I had one appointment. All went fine. But the drugs she put me on made me worse. I called the office - nobody answered - which is often the case - even when I originally made the appointment. So I left a long message. Nobody called me back. I called again after a few weeks. Found out somebody had spoken to the doc about my message - but they never called me back. Then they wanted to charge me 5 bucks to xerox my original lab work. I said I was offended by that. Woman told me to take it up with the doc. Said I would. Then the woman drew a giant passive aggressive happy face on the form when I received it. I do not recommend this office.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

I think she's fabulous. I have lots of medical doctors in my AZ family and have always expected more from my CA doctors than I've gotten. Dr. Gonzales is the exception. She's the kind of doctor my grandfather was, someone who sits with you, listens to you, talks to you, answers your questions. She's a good communicator and funny. She's obviously and super attractive. She's a woman's woman all the way as are the women who work for her. I love her staff. They're busy and efficient. There's no messing around. Her office has a Victorian feel. There are always fresh roses in the rooms, and the bathroom has some very funny (feminist) plaques on the walls. Bring a book and relax. She's worth the wait. I, too, have to drive thirty miles each way to see her and sometimes have had to wait an hour. I always leave feeling 100% at peace with what she's given me. I will be with her until I die or she stops practicing. I've referred lots of people to her and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Always 1 hour late. Dread going every year. So disrespectful to all patients with jobs, babysitters etc

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Dr. Gonzalez is the first doctor who actually helped me grow my hair back! No empty promises (unlike the pricey Beverly Hills "celebrity" doctor I went to for years and paid thousands of dollars to), Dr. Gonzales methodically tested all my levels and prescribed the appropriate regimen. It took time, but she's getting me there and I feel great. She is all about science, not hype. And she takes my insurance.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Dr is very nice, but I can't recommend for thyroid cases. Before initiating thyroid treatment, Dr didn't bother to test for adrenal issues (despite my classic symptoms). This can kill a patient. I drove 50 miles to see this Dr based on others' reviews. After 2 weeks on Dr's T4/T3/Vitamin protocol, I told Dr it made me MUCH worse. Dr then tested a few sex hormones claimed I had menopause & did I want HRT? I said, no, and that I felt T4 was the problem. Dr then lost all interest, said my Hashimoto's "wasn't that bad," stay on 10mcg T3 a day & return in 6 months. Dr did not truly accept my input or rejection of a wrong (for me) treatment plan. Dr didn't work with me till arriving at an individual protocol where I felt optimal. Dr wouldn't look for real answers. Since I felt I was dying, I went to another Dr. I was treated first for my severe adrenal problems, then given proper level of T3-only for my thyroid, & I recovered. I never had menopause. I had severe untreated endocrine issues.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2013

Dr. Gonzalez is a reknowned expert in the field of endocrinology. I find her to be very caring & compassionate. What I like the most is that she encourages OPTIMAL health. I see her for thyroid issues and she is by far the best I have seen. I also find her staff to be extremely warm & friendly. You should plan on about 1 hour wait in the office & this is because she takes her time with each patient & does not rush you out the door. Like many of her other patients, I travel quite a distance to see her. Thyroid issues can be complicated, and she truly takes the time to understand each individual symptom and condition. I highly recommend Dr. Gonzalez to anyone who is frustrated with their current thyroid treatment. As for her outfits, she is a very attractive and classy woman, and her taste in clothing is not at all offensive. I am there for her knowledge. What she wears is not of importance to me.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

Dr. Martha Gonzalez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Commercial Insurance Company
Geha
Healthnet
Multiplan

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Margaret was VERY rude and didn't even ask why I wanted a appt. with Dr. Gonzalez. If she wouldn't have judge my by the sound of my voice would have been nice...."

October 15, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was previously a patient of Dr. Gonzalez though after her rude, dismissive behavior with a life threaten problem that was found by an MRI . I called the off..."

October 29, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=40339'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 5, 2014