Ratings for Dr. Andrew P. Podos

Dr. Podos is a very knowledgeable man. Who is willing to help parents in anyway. That being said... His staff, I have asked for copies of my child's file, paid for a paper copy and I am still waiting. It has been 2 months. They always act like they are in a hurry, secretive and like I am an inconvenience. My last list with the dr will be my last. He enter the room, did not acknowledge my child, put on his gloves, asked my to remove the two "weapons" my son was holding. (2 matchbox cars). I thought that was dramatic. Then proceeded to check him over while doing so, my child reached up and touched him arm. The dr looked at me appaled. He told me I was going to have to restrain him. "Lay on him if you have to" is what he said. My son is 1.5 year old and was not acting up. He gently reached up and touched the dr. I felt as if he was treating him like he had the plague. Not at all good with children. Good with parents and info yes. Will never go back.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I have seen Dr. Podos for over seven years. He is a great Dr. and very easy to talk to. He listens to you which I have found very rare in other peditricians. I would never trust any other Dr. for my FOUR children.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

this doctor refused to see my daughter when we had an emergency. he did not feel we were a "good fit" and refused service to us (we are new to town and have great insurance). the staff lied to us - they gave us an appointment and then acted like this never happened when the dr changed his mind about taking a new patient. they kept me on the phone for hours and refused service after their office made a scheduling mistake. my 4 months old needed urgent attention and he REFUSED. very uncaring. worst experience ever.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2009

Dr. Andrew P. Podos's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1999)