Ratings for Dr. Janis Ferguson

Dr Ferguson helped me through a very difficult high risk pregnancy and always made me feel safe and in good hands. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a caring and experienced ObGyn

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I have been going to the practice for 28yrs and I hv requested to NEVER be booked with her if my GP is unavailable. She is rude, uncaring and overall is the worst doctor I've ever had to see. She thinks she is God and can feel your pain (or lack of) was unimpressed when I went in to get a medical EI form signed and was told ' oh your not in pain , I'm not signing this ' .... I saw MY doctor after who had no problem signing the form for me. 12 years of physio & chiro I still am injured and have severe pain still...... She is a quack and needs a new day job. If she is the only Dr on and I am dying... I would rather go to a walk in clinic

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Dr Ferguson has been my GP for the past two years or so and I am very impressed. Right away I felt safe and welcome. I would recommend her to anyone new to the city or anyone looking for better care.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

For many years Dr. Ferguson was my GP. During all that time she was knowledgeable and helpful. However, a couple of years back I was going through a very stressful time at work and asked Dr. Ferguson if she had any recommendations about how to deal with it. She offered to write up a letter that I could forward to my insurance provider about the necessity of taking some time off work. I thanked her for the offer but decided to attempt to deal with the situation myself. About a year later things had not changed so I asked if she would follow through with her original offer. Doing a complete 180 she said that she would not feel comfortable about doing that. No explanation whatsoever was given and her demeanor changed for the negative. After this experience I will never have her as my GP again.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

I chose Dr Ferguson because of her location (City Square) and because she is a female GP who delivers. I ended up having to use a specialist for my delivery but she attended nonetheless and was a reassuring presence during a very stressful time. She has definitely grown on me over the last 2.5 years. She is not the most knowledgeable doctor but she does not pretend to be. Keep in mind she is a GP, not a specialist. She does her best to find out or provide me with references to other resources if she does not know an answer. I do not have any serious health issues but, if I did, I would ask for a specialist and, so far, she has been very accommodating to my requests. Even with a packed schedule, she has made time to see me when its important. She and her office are very busy so wait times are expected (as is the case at any doctor's office!) and staff are helpful but don't have a lot of time for chitchat.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

Dr. Ferguson was very friendly and helpful. She took her time to know me as it was my first appt to see her. And gave me lots of info on tests to be done for my pregnancy. After reading the comments on this site, I was very worried but after meeting her, I felt at ease.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Ferguson's for 20 years and have always appreciated her frank and cautious approach. She hasn't hesitated to forward me on to specialists when needed. I have had two babies in recent years and she provided excellent prenatal and postnatal care. She always made herself available to me and ensured I had her contact information for after-hours and was quick to respond on several occasions. While not necessary, she attended both my c-sections to observe and assist for her learning knowledge and provided a very personal and warm level of after-care in addition to the hospital's staff. I wouldn't hesitate to refer friends to Dr. Ferguson. I agree that she's often behind schedule, however I believe it's because she's providing extra care to all her patients/clients and that sometimes requires that she be with them longer than the ministry-provided 15 minutes per visit.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2010

Love the Dr, but she isn't the most cautious Dr. She kept on hesitating to send me to a specialist for years despite an obvious problem & I almost died as a result. I never went back after that.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010

I don't understand how this Dr. is receiving these good comments. I had the misfortune of having her as my doctor a few years ago. I chose her, as I was looking a female doctor after many years being treated by male dr's. She was never around for appointments and genterally seemed not to care about my issues. She sent me to a specialist once and the speacialst was aweful! So aweful that I left in tears and came back her office, where her rude staff made me feel even worse! Finally when I did see a dr. it wasn't her, but a fill-in doctor who was much kinder, caring and considerate. After Dr. Ferguson returned from uptenth holidays, she NEVER followed up, and then yelled at me for expecting to follow up?? Also have a friend who was her patient, but anytime my friend made an appointment, she was seen by someone else, apparently Dr. Ferguson takes alot of holidays. Worst reception staff ever!! But bad office all together. Never will come back nor would I recommend.JUST AWEFUL!!!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2010

She is a caring individual, knowledgeable and interested in getting you the best care she can. After a barrage of clinics with nameless, faceless doctors, she is a home port for which we are grateful.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010