Ratings for Dr. Louise A. Cohen

Waiting 90 minutes to see any physician is uncalled for. Says she will follow up and fails to do so. Getting harder and harder to get appt.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

WOW- the office staff here is terrible and Dr. Cohen (when I actually was allowed to schedule an appt with her) was awful. I was on psych meds at the time and she blamed my fatigue on them, I said they haven't changed in a year and my fatigue is acute (happened all of a sudden). I wanted to check my thyroid (I have radiation-induced hypothyroidism) she refused. I went back two more times saying LISTEN I AM FALLING ASLEEP WHILE DRIVING NOW, and begged her to at least do a little blood work or do some sort of diagnostics... after I went on a rant about how serious this is, she agreed grumbling as she rushed out of the room. My TSH was almost 20.0, it's normal is 0.5-4.5. I had been suffering for months and almost got into a bunch of accidents. Then she didn't even call with the results saying oh I'm increasing your synthroid, I just got an automated call from Walgreens saying a script was ready. Well then 6 weeks later I got a letter saying that I needed to go to lab to recheck levels. Did it-they were stable again. Since then I have tried to make physical exams and sick visits-the receptionists give me the run around, they say wait for a call back. Yea ok. I had to go to walk in clinics to see somebody (more expensive copay because she basically was pissed and cut me out) well she never saw me again or check levels again. Supposed to be checked AT LEAST every few months, been a year of me just trying to get an appt. BUT she doesn't have a problem refilling the med if it's through the pharmacy...well now I am back to being EXTREMELYYYYYYYY hyperthyroid like almost to a dangerous point (too much t4 in my system-which I only get from that medication because my actual thyroid was radiated dead years ago... My psych doc had luckily done blood work and immediately told me I AM SENDING YOU TO AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST!! Cohen and the staff are both not even worth my time to write this post, but I wanted to warn others. Do not go to her, not with the aggravation and headache you will have later. If a doctor doesn't know a lot about something like postablative hypothyroidism, they should not pretend and try to treat it. Don't be afraid to admit your weaknesses and forget about the health of your patient. When in doubt, they should always refer out. And to cut me out of the practice over me standing up for my own health when she wouldn't is just rude and teenager-like! But it was probably for the best, I have real doctors now...

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Oh my goodness - was this office and this physician TERRIBLE. She does not know anything regarding blood test results; nor will she share anything with you. She totally insults you in your office visit with her; showing extremely uncleanliness in performing your exams at her hands. She could not explain anything to you to help you understand your blood test results; nor does she have any recommendations for you? The fact that this office feels, as though it is being run by a group of gossiping teenagers discussing the patient's medical conditions right in the office hallway. This was the most unprofessional doctor's office, I've been to in my lifetime, this physician joins in to discuss medical conditions with her staff. Staff members will take you by the hand, harming you, and dragging you out of the office, if they so wish to do, and the physician does nothing to them. The long list of bad things that this office does to you; I swear, if I was so inclined, I would file a HIPPA complaint. Beware of this physician, she will fabricate documentation to remove you from her services, if she so wishes. It appears this physician has no medical knowledge. How is she a doctor?

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

cares for my 98 year old mother with dementia and is wonderul

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

My wife and I had our 1st appointment with Dr. L Cohen, as doctors go we were very impressed very pleasant ,she took the time to listened to us with our needs, we are in our late 60s and felt very comfortable with her, I believe we made a good choice, her pre staff was also a pleasure very impressed. Thank you for your ear. Douglas and Bonita R.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Not a good listener. Misdiagnosed me with vertigo when I actually tried to tell her my Blood pressure was too low, and it was dangerously low when I got home. She. Upset me very much. I felt very bad when I left office. She also attributed my back pain to being due to depression when I have an MRI that shows bulging disc and bone spurs. Better to choose someone else.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

She was my personal physician for many years. I was in blinding pain from headaches so severe, I could not function. I did have an infected tooth that I thought was the cause of the headaches because antibiotics eliminated the pain for a month or two. Eventually, the tooth was removed, and I thought the headaches would end. When they didn't, and when the pain became intolerable, I asked her to precribe antibiotics one more time, but she refused, saying "I'm not a dentist". I had her contact my dentist who confirmed that there was no longer any infection from the extracted tooth area, but that the pain could be due to pain transference from another tooth. I could not get her or the dentist to prescribe antibiotics. I went to another doctor who did issue a precription and my pain was gone. In the meantime, I started physical therapy for ongoing neck problems and this was the cause of the pain transferance. She made an incorrect assumption, didn't consider all possibilities and I suffered

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

ALWAYS Listens to what you're saying! Very helpful in every way. Staff very helpful also. If not on time,(mostly prompt)it's because of the time she takes to understand you. Thankyou!!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2010

MY CHILD PRESENTED WITH A UTI AND SHE DIAGNOSED AS BULLIMIA AND DEPRESSION, SHE WAS SICK 8 WEEKS AND HAD $10,000 WORTH OF TESTS BEFORE ANOTHER DR FIGURED OUT HER PROBLEM WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHECKED AT HER FIRST VISIT WITH A SIMPLE URINE TEST

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

I found her to be very knowledgable and willing to take the time to listen to you. Very rare in this day and age.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2008

Dr. Louise A. Cohen's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Amerigroup