Dr. R Deobald

Ratings for Dr. R Deobald

I was referred to an Oncologist surgeon named Dr. Raymond Deobald by Dr. Sarah Mueller, the general surgeon who found a large polyp in my sigmoid colon during a routine colonoscopy. I was informed that the polyp was too large to snip out during the colonoscopy so it needed to be surgically removed along with 8-10 inches of my colon, and then biopsied to test for cancer. This is an invasive surgery and scary, when you are told you may have cancer. Dr. Deobald and his assistant Crystal Burant, were extremely knowledgeable, very pleasant, and reassured me that I was in good hands. They ensured all the proper tests were performed before the surgery so they knew exactly what they were dealing with, keeping me informed and educated the whole time. Also the follow up after the the surgery was excellent. Both Dr. Deobald and Burant checked in on me every day during my hospital stay and were present for my follow up appointments. I have been in recovery for 7 weeks now and am back at work doing light duties already, and feeling great about the whole experience. I am one of the lucky ones to have had this caught before it progressed any further, thanks to Sarah, Raymond and Crystal for their prompt scheduling. I am forever in your debt (figuratively speaking) :) Five stars all around, Audrey G.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

A very caring and conscientious person. His specialized training in minimally invasive treatments for GI malignancies has allowed me to avoid the dreaded abdominoperineal resection/colostomy that was recommended by the Cancer Centre and allowed me a normal lifestyle.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

was rushed into hospital for emergency surgery to have my appendix removed. Dr. Deobald was very reassuring and confident making my terrible situation a lot more easy to deal with. Would be more than glad to ever have him as my doctor again, which any of us hopes we never need a doctor but be very reassured that Dr. Deobald has u in the best of hands

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016