Ratings for Dr. John Aldridge

My dad, who received a medical procedure from Dr. Aldridge for a torn meniscus, ended in a severe infection. This should have been a simple outpatient surgery instead he came home with Staphylococcus lugdunensis. After the surgery my dad kept telling Dr. Aldridge that something was not right. He was in excruciating pain and his knee was very swollen. My dad told him and his nurse practitioner several times that they needed to help him and that something was wrong. He ignored my dad’s concerns for so long that the infection got so bad that he needed to have emergency surgery to clean it out. He was in the hospital for a couple of weeks and then had a pic line in for 3 months for antibiotics. Even after all of this happened Dr. Aldridge insisted that my dad had rheumatoid arthritis and that is why he had so much pain. After going to see a specialist and being tested, he was told that it was not rheumatoid arthritis at all that it was residual effects from the surgery. Before the surgery my father was going to the gym every day and worked outside on his yard constantly. This was October 2012 and my dad still has to walk with crutches. There are also 2 other cases that we are aware of where Dr. Aldridge has messed up a surgery. It is not right that he is still doing this to people and nothing can be done about it.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015