Ratings for Dr. L Van Thomas Crisco

Dr Crisco placed a medicated stent in my renal artery without my knowledge then , after the fact, prescribed anti platelet, aspirin and statin drugs....all of which I cannot tolerate due to my kidney issues and hypersensitivity to drugs. It seems he knew nothing about my history and he discussed nothing with me prior to the stent placement, in fact I tried contacting him with questions a week before the procedure but he was unavailable.. I was unaware that I was getting a medicated stent and didn't even know they existed. I refused the prescribed drugs because I knew these drugs were dangerous for me and now take natural blood thinners. It's been a little over two months now and I am having, what I believe, are side effects from the medicated stent such as heart pounding, high blood pressure, dizzy spells, exercise intolerance and more This eluting drug is used for chemo, & lowers the immune system. I don't know how long it will stay in my system but I am not feeling well. I called his office but he never returned my call. Dr Crisco may be excellent in the placement of stents but seems to have no compassion or interest in the patient Not recommended!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

In the past 6 months I've had two surgeries performed on me by Dr. Crisco. He explained everything to me prior to the surgeries and answered any and all questions I had. He exhibited a great deal of compassion. I will forever be great full to him for the care and concern he showed me.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Dr. L Van Thomas Crisco's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Van Crisco is originally from Charlotte, North Carolina, he attended college at Wake Forest University and then Medical School at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill School of Medicine. He trained in Internal Medicine at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and in Cardiology at Emory University in Atlanta, GA as a basic science molecular cardiologist, general cardiologist, and then interventional cardiologist, finishing in 2000. From 2000-2013, Dr. Crisco served the patients of metropolitan Atlanta, GA as a busy private practice interventional cardiologist. In 2013, Dr. Crisco joined First Coast Heart & Vascular Center in Jacksonville, Florida. As a member of First Coast Heart & Vascular Center his clinical focus includes invasive and interventional cardiovascular procedures, peripheral vascular disease management and endovascular intervention, acute heart attack care, as well as general cardiovascular medicine consultation. Dr. Crisco is also trained in both complex structural heart intervention as well as coronary and peripheral intervention. Structural heart interventions include TAVR and left atrial appendage closure with the Watchman device for the prevention of stroke in patients who have significant risk for both stroke and bleeding complications on blood thinners. He has always been actively involved in clinical trialing of cardiac devices, drug therapies, and patient management strategies, including radial artery access for cardiac catheterization and coronary intervention, structural heart disease, same-day discharge coronary intervention, PFO closure, and complex coronary intervention.

• English

• University of Michigan
  • Emory University

• Cardiac catheterization
  • Coronary angioplasty and stents
  • Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)

• Fellow of the American College of Cardiology