Ratings for Dr. Daniel Franc

Dr. Daniel Franc should be relegated to treating inmates or something. This man, with no medical information to back up his claim, decided I had epilepsy. I had fallen on a hike the day before and dislocated my shoulder as well as suffered a contusion under my eye. Dr. Franc immediately told me that he would see to it my driver license was suspended for a minimum of six months, ordered me onto a medication for seizures, and demanded that I undergo an MRI, EEG, and CAT scan. When all of those results came back completely NEGATIVE for seizures, the doctor ordered me to take a "walking EEG" and told me that no matter what the results, he would not intervene with the DMV for any reason for at least three months. He also told me he took my insurance (Cigna), which ended up being incorrect, and I really didn't appreciate my bill showing my co-pays as "misc credits" and being an additional $400. This man, without my permission or consent, called my primary care physician, my insurance company, and my therapist to attempt to obtain information about me. I asked him politely to stop and he kept right on going. I recently fired this hack after a total of 5 visits and plan on reporting him to the California Insurance Commission for fraud. Now I have to jump through hoops to try and convince the DMV that I do not, in fact, have epilepsy. Although the test results speak for themselves, I will need to retake my driver license exam, be examined at the DMV, be interviewed, and on and on. This doctor is nothing but trouble and he doesn't know what he's talking about. He was dismissive, rude, and punitive in the absence of anything to warrant such unprofessional behavior. I would highly recommend not ever falling under the care of Daniel Franc, M.D., because once he decides me doesn't like you (as he did with me), facts go out the window and the witch hunt begins. Awful physician.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014