Ratings for Dr. Lay Lay Win

Dr Win performed an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy at the Holly Clinic because I was experiencing abdominal pain after eating. When I awoke from the procedures she saw me privately in her office to discuss the findings. She was direct and empathetic in telling me I had a lesion in my colon that she felt was likely cancerous. She informed me she had taken a biopsy but we should make an appointment immediately with a surgical oncologist. She provided a recommendation and she ensured I had an appointment made. She personally called me less than a week later to tell me the biopsy confirmed what she thought - cancer. She gave me helpful information on how to eat and minimize pain until I could see the surgeon and said I could call her anytime if I had questions. Her referral to Dr. Shady at Sunnybrook was lifesaving, I had a right hemi Coke’s tomy and am now 1 year since diagnosis, I feel great and continue my follow ups, Dr. Win and her actions with me put me on the road to recovery. I can never thank her enough for saving my life.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2019

Dr Win squeezed me in last minute as I had a two month wait where I am from. She was very professional and diagnosed my hiatus hernia quickly and efficiently. She took the time to explain what I was dealing with and preventions for the condition I was in.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

I saw Dr win as getting a second opinion, she was very pleasant to talk to and didn’t rush me at all in which I had many questions to ask her which she took time to answer them all / as in the past I have seen other Gastro Doctors which none of them had a good bedside manner and wher. Always rushing you / even after my Endoscopy Dr. Win said for me to contact her if I had any problems or questions after the test /. I plan to keep seeing her as my prob will need ongoing observation Thanks again to Dr win and nurse Mia for getting me in for my Endoscopy as soon as she did this was greatly appreciated Thanks J.B.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Dr. Win should not be treating people with serious illness, but instead performing procedures only, which she is good at. She was dismissive and I agree with other reviews, she suggested bizarre answers. I am a serious celiac who she suggested I just "take probiotics", which obviously I've tried. It took me getting irate to have her listen and agree to find a solution. She didn't. She insists she is my gastroenterologist, but has provided me no direction, treatment or solutions to severe ongoing weight loss, illness and decreased quality of life.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Dr. Win was amazing. She performed a gastroscopy and was empathetic, reassuring and professional. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

My expectations for intelligent medical professionals is high - Dr. Win exceeded. I waited to speak to her about my husband's procedure results and I thankfully discovered she was thorough and had anticipated/resolved any issues prior to proceeding. We felt cared for and that says it all right there.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Have seen Dr. Win multiple times - she always makes me feel rushed, and doesn't explain. She has completely brushed off my concerns, and I have switched doctors as I don't feel confident in her care.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Staff was pleasant but slow, Dr. Win was not very friendly or helpful; did not listen to questions. Am seeking another Dr.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

Today I had my first colonoscopy (age 67) and I was quite nervous - although friends assured me that I should relax as it was not a painful procedure. I was impressed with all the staff at the clinic and certainly with Dr. Win. I found her to be very professional, she answered all my questions and made me feel at ease. I would recommend her to any of my friends or acquaintances requiring a colonoscopy.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I have a complicated med. history (cancer) even though I am fairly young. Dr. Win did not take this in to account of my symptoms and rushed through an appointment (less then 5 mins) without much consultation. Told me to drink 2 l's of water and take Metamucil and that would solve my issue. Found this ridiculous as she didn't even ask me what I've already tried, and of course I have tried Metamucil multiple times, along with adequate water and other over the counter treatments. I have a history of blockages so a little more serious then Metamucil issues. I would not recommend this doctor unless you just want access to routine screening tests. She prescribed me a drug, but I am breast feeding and can't take it, so good thing my pharmacist checked with me if I was still nursing.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016