Ratings for Dr. R Sharma

I was referred to Dr. Sharma back in the summer of 2014 for a knee replacement. I had a call within a month for a date for surgery. I was so impressed with every appointment I had with Dr Sharma. He always took time with me and always explained everything so well. He never rushed me through appointments. He was honest, so kind and I appreciated that more than anything. My surgery was a success of course and his bed side manner was phenomenal. I have nothing but great things to say about him and his team. I would recommend him to anyone that’s in need of a new hip or knee. When it comes time for my next knee to be done, he will be doing it. I have complete faith and trust in Dr Sharma.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2018

Just had direct anterior total hip replacement at Peter Lougheed Centre. Unbelievable surgeon, walking pain free. Surgery date Aug. 17, home on the 18th. I feel as if I won the lottery those results and walking unaided after 3 weeks. A great many thanks to Dr. Sharma and staff. Dr. Sharma, keep up the professional, caring job. Thank you very much!

Submitted September 16, 2018

Dr Sharma is the best Doctor in Calgary wonderful man

flag | Submitted July 8, 2018

I feel very lucky to have had Dr.Sharma as my surgeon. My knee replacement went very well and now I have absolutely no pain. Riding my horse again, yay!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Dr. Raj Sharma is a superstar! He has mastered the anterior approach technique for hip replacement surgery. . ABSOLUTELY no pain and very speedy recovery! I was back at work in 6 weeks, even wearing high heel shoes! Dr. Sharma has golden hands and I was extremely lucky to have been in his care. Excellent Surgeon!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

I am the daughter of a patient of Dr Sharma. I want to share a story. My father was taken to the hospital in critical condition and was septic because of an infected knee replacement that was done over 30 years ago. He is very old and frail. Because of the extreme complexity, Dr Sharma was consulted by the on call surgeon. Dr Sharma was extremely caring and clearly outlined the high risks and the limited options available. Despite the level of risk (which we understood and acknowledged), Dr Sharma took him to the operating room in an expedited manner. Surgery was a success despite the immense complexity. My mother and I were shocked to see the drastic change in my father's mental state 24 hours after the operation. Dr Sharma addressed the multiple issues with a single operation, saved my father's life and did this all in a sincere and compassionate manner. We had no hope that my father would survive but were so grateful and blessed he did. I feel there are not many people out there who truly care, but Dr Sharma really does. Everyone is constrained by our healthcare system, but it does work and I can attest to this. Thank you Dr Sharma and your team for saving my father's life.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Great guy .... awesome work... explained so much...

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

A wonderful human being and extremely talented surgeon. Great experience. Special person for sure!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I had an Anterior bilateral full hip replacement just 6 weeks ago on the 21st September 2017, I was up and walking, with a walker, just 5 hours after my surgery and was released from hospital the day after. within 2 weeks I was walking unaided and after 6 weeks I am pretty much back at work doing my full job. Doctor Sharma is a total rock star of a surgeon, just brilliant. his manner is awesome and his skill is second to none. thanks doc, you gave me back my life, which was pretty much non existent before the surgery as the arthritis in both hips had just about seized the up completely. thanks to all the staff at Alberta Hip & Knee clinic and at the Peter Lougheed hospital, you have all been awesome, but Doctor Sharma you are quite brilliant.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

I am a very active person and pretty much could not do most of the outdoor activities I enjoyed. After getting this hip replacement, I feel like I have my life back! Dr. Sharma is an amazing and caring surgeon! The hospital and clinic staff are great as well! Thank you Dr. Sharma!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017