Ratings for Dr. Vincent J Russo, MD

I'm a "young" 54 year old woman & I've been putting off total knee replacement for 10 long years! WHY? you may ask... I was worried about finding a doctor, that I felt completely confident in. At the first meeting, Dr. Russo and his staff were GREAT! I knew Dr. Russo was the DOC, so much so, that I set up my right knee surgery that day. It has been 2 months since and I feel great! I've been walking on my own since day two! It's a rough surgery, with lots of physical therapy, but Dr. Russo and his staff are there when you need them. I have already set up surgery for my other knee for November! I'm looking forward to having two great working knees!!!!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Wonderful office staff and a great doctor. Had left knee replaced and after six weeks no pain and totally back on my feet. Cannot say enough about his professional skills

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I am 76 and the teaching tennis pro at a luxury resort in Scottsdale, AX. 6 weeks after left knee replacement I am back giving lessons and hitting with guests. No pain since before the surgery and no pain medication since my one night in the hospital. One does need to do the exercises and PY. Cannot say enough about the staff and Dr. Russo. They are friendly, helpful, on time, and efficient.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr. Russo performed my total knee replacement March 21st, and the level of professionalism and skill he and his team consistently displayed throughout the process, from pre-op consulting to post-op care, was exemplary. I was kept informed of what to expect each step of the way, and the recovery process was so much better than what I expected. I am scheduled to have my other knee replaced the end of June, and I will again be entrusting Dr. Russo, a gifted surgeon, to perform the operation.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Greetings all: As a life-time orthopedic surgeon having done tens of thousands of major ops including major joint replacement over 40+ years, I can say that Vincent Russo, M.D., FACS, FAAOS , Ms. Jennifer L. Neil, MS, PA-C and staff treated me with the upmost respect, were timely, listened and responded well and showed excellent training, knowledge, expertise and experience in providing my hip replacement. Since then, I have referred two patients to them and will continue to do so. Respectfully, David Schenkar, M.D., Diplomat-American Board of Orthopedic Surgery

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Vincent J. Russo, changed my life for the better. I now have a complete new knee. I'm so happy and pleased. He truly is the BEST Orthopedic Surgeon I know.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

by Jackie G. on Oct 28th, 2016 My husband & I have been seeing Dr. Russo for appx. 20 yrs for various reasons, i.e., knees & shoulders. The first thing we liked was that he does NOT just jump to surgery as a solution if other avenues are available, such as physical therapy. He has performed arthroscopic surgery on both of my knees & my shoulder & on my husband's shoulder. With his guidance & help, it was 20 yrs before I finally had to have a total knee replacement, which he performed this past Aug. He has shown us kindness & understanding, working with us, mainly me, to manage pain. He takes pride in his work, preferring to "get it right" the first time & sometimes this includes my following certain instructions, such as exercise & physical therapy. If i, as the patient, do not do the exercise/therapy, it may result in a longer healing time &, although not uncompassionate, he may be displeased yet will help me heal. Rosalie, 1 of his staff, has been with him for over 20 yrs & the rest of his staff has been with him for over a decade, which tells me that he's good to work for. Surgical staff, too, have spoken highly of him. Because of him, I've learned the purpose of steroid vs gel injections & why a person should only have x number. I love that he has volunteered his expertise to the less fortunate. Dr. Russo IS a perfectionist. Exactly a quality I want in a surgeon as my quality of life depends on it. I still have 1 bum knee left &, if & when I need to replace it, I hope he won't be retired or I'll have to beg him to come out of retirementto perform the surgery.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Dr. Vincent J Russo, MD's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Orthopedic surgery runs in my family. My father was an orthopedic surgeon and my son Dr. Matthew Russo is currently completing an orthopedic fellowship in total joint replacement and will be joining the practice in September 2017. I have been practicing orthopedic surgery in Scottsdale for over thirty years. During this time, I have been privileged to treat as many as 3 generations of patients from the same family. As an orthopedist, I am able to improve the function and therefore the quality of my patients’ lives. I especially enjoy the challenge of treating a variety of orthopedic problems, from sports-related injuries to total joint replacements. My surgical practice specializes in arthroscopic surgery and total joint replacements. I am honored to have been named a Top Doc by Phoenix Magazine once again for 2017

• English
  • Spanish

• College of the Holy Cross (Grad. 1972)
  • Albany Medical College (Grad. 1976)
  • University of Pittsburgh (Grad. 1981)

• Phoenix Magazine Top Doc - 10+ years